Cheapest country to buy a porsche

aston

The Torque Meister
Car
VOLVO and VW
All things taken in consideration, which country is the cheapest to buy a Porsche, I was thinking probably Germany or USA, Any ideas? Cheers all

Last edited:
Outside of Europe you have loads of red tape to get through, SVA type approval and vehicle registration and a massive import tax/VAT!

Inside Europe things get a bit easier and depending on the exchange rate with the Euro you can get some good deals. You'll be wanting right hand drive though which will be hard to get in Europe.

Way our economy is then stick with this country. All models old and new are not selling and being given away way below what they were worth a couple of years ago. A absolutely mint basalt black 996 turbo was sold short while ago by a mate of mine for £25k. A £100k car, 10 years old for a quarter of the price, crazy. He's kept his JMG 944 turbo though so he hasn't lost all his marbles :amuse:
Jason i'll PM you details of a concours 993 thats for sale at moment, its a stunner :love:

Thanks Andy, I just need to start a parallel business in order to get the shillings together without the boss (wife) knowing.
Actually the £ is very weak at the mo against the Euro so probably the UK is the best, lhd or rhd makes little diference to me, I have drove around Europe many times in my rhd cars and never had a problem at all whatsoever.
Andy I was looking for Junes "Classic cars" mag in smiths today, when does it go on releasr to the general public?

Get mine on subscription so must of got early release but looking on their calender it says June issue on sale from 27th April. Has a load of 911s on the front cover.

Thanks Andy, I purchased "Practical Classic" Magazine today, they have a huge feature "Buyers Guide" on 944's very interesting, The article quoted the 2.7 engine as having an average mpg of 28, Does this sound correct? Thanks

My owners manual shows
2.7 165hp manual
Urban cycle - 21.4mpg
56mph constant - 40.9mpg
75mph constant - 33.2mpg

3.0 211hp S2 manual
Urban - 20.2mpg
56mph constant - 41.5mpg
75mph constant - 33.6mpg

2.5 turbo 250hp manual
Urban - 21.7mpg
56mph constant - 41.5mpg
75mph constant - 31.4mpg

All depends on the engine condition after 20 odd years use though but gives a guide. Looking at it you can buy a turbo model and as long as you stay off the boost you can get better mpg :blink: Bet you couldn't though, I can empty the 80 litre tank in less than 200 miles :blink1:

Buying from the us is a good idea because the earlier 911s rust badly so one from the west coast should be way better than anything in the uk.

Truth is there is no such thing a a cheap rust free 911

as for mpg it depends on the model the s is much higher tuned so will be nowhere near as economical as a "lower end" model

Well I have my sights on an engineer enthusiast owned SC, just need to convince him to part with it, MMMMmmmmmmm

Write a fake dodgy review and send it to him inside his favourite magazine, he'll pay you to take it off his hands.