cheap track fun

corsabalex

Wrench Pro
Car
corsab need newcar!
im thinking of getting a civic 1.6 vtec and making it a track car stripped out grippy rubber suspension and a few engine mods and hopefully embarass more expensive machines. you can pick up the civics relatively cheap nw are they good cars to be looking at for track fun or is there anything else i should be looking at? thanks

im thinking of getting a civic 1.6 vtec and making it a track car stripped out grippy rubber suspension and a few engine mods and hopefully embarass more expensive machines. you can pick up the civics relatively cheap nw are they good cars to be looking at for track fun or is there anything else i should be looking at? thanks

I don't normally say this but the Civic will be fine to use on a track.
Also have a look at 205 Gti's as these handle great anyway and are always good fun on the track.

I didn't think any of the Civics where Turbo's?
Hang around for Prince or Prevtec. They are our resident Honda Nuts. They will be able to tell you more about the Civic range.

One tip you may already know,

look for the lowest spec car (lightest weight and least complicated) with the largest capacity engine available.

One tip you may already know,

look for the lowest spec car (lightest weight and least complicated) with the largest capacity engine available.

This is a very handy tip. I'm downgrading a lot of things on my GT to a lower spec, (windy windows, manual mirrors, removing sunroof etc etc) would've been better for me to buy a base spec punto and put the GT engine and rear beam onto it. I never planned to this far though, if I had, I would've started with a lower spec model.

hi just removed two door seals and boot rubber + boot lock. that came in at 6.4kgs

any examples would be really good?? :) wat sort of cars?

Here's an approximation rule of thumb for you.....

If you divide the cars kerb weight (kgs) by the engine hp it will give you an idea of it's 30-70mph acceleration time.

The road-test section at the back of Autocar magazine used to give a good amount of information regarding engine size, hp, tq, kerb weight, 0-60, 30-70, gearing etc. It's very handy as a guide for what you ask.

was used in the 5 door hatchback VTi and the areodeck between 96-99 iirc. as the question was about the civics didnt touch the bigger output engines that

double check with wikpedia showed it up as the B18C4 engine