Cheap track day insurance

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I think a lot of people worry about having a crash or something nasty happening to them on the track. It is a bit worrying especially since a lot of tracks charge a fortune for recovery and repairs to barriers etc...

Do you bother with track day insurance? If not why not?

If so where do you go and how much do you pay? Any tips for people looking to find good cheap track day insurance cover?

I imagine the excesses are a lot higher but are there any catches that you've found in your policy?

I have never bothered to be honest and that is purely down to the cost of the excess involved. I find it makes it pointless due to amount you are liable for before the policy kicks in. If you are a bad track driver then invest the money in driver one-to-one tuition.

Also buy a decent set of tyres for track use in wet and dry conditions. Finally drive within yours and the cars limits, that way you still have fun and not on the ragged edge waiting for something to hit!

I have seen plenty of drivers who are fast in a straight line but throw a chicane or tight bend in there and you see how far the talent goes.......:amuse: