Torque Cars

Cheap RX8 - a white elephant

Discussion in 'RX7/RX8 forums' started by obi_waynne, 12 June 2015.

1. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Do you think that a cheap RX8 would be a performance bargain or a costly white elephant that requires loads spending on it to keep it on the road?

What things should you look out for? What is this warm start issue I'm hearing a lot about on the Renesis engines?

2. Aerial Andy944

Aerial Andy944 The Torque Meister

Sunny South Somerset UK
    Car:
    VW Golf GT TDi 200
    All I know is my friend has one, had engine rebuilt twice and it still doesn't work! He now has a Scooby WRX and loving it

3. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    Transplant the gas guzzling rotary with a LS1-7 and it will go like the clappers and not blow up |B

4. Yugguy

Yugguy Torque King

Rugby (expat Preston lad)
    Car:
    Merc C220Cdi Elegan
    Yeah i looked at these a while back and unless its been started up and shutdown properly every time the engine will be stuffed

5. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    Rotary engines are not for a non enthusiast who has little or no understanding of them and jump in start up and get up it.
    A friend has a series 5 with the motor built ,ported and tuned to give 350 WHP and has zero problems despite tracking it quite often for more than 3 years.

Sadly it was washed away in the Grantham floods where he very nearly lost his life.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...-burst%2Fstory-fn7iwx3v-1225986230902;650;366