Cheap quick upgrades

kiwichris

Car
206 SW S16
Hi All just bought a 206 sw s16 really loving the car drives well good poke from the motor too. I am looking however to eek a little more power on a budget. Apart from air filters what other cheap options do I have.

hey thanks for the welcome messages. another question the revs seem to take a while to drop is this just a 206 thing??

Last edited:
What about a cold air feed and free following exhaust..

I am planing to buy a 206 GTI for X-Mas and my list of mods is growing by the min, from ripping out the rear interior to lowering that car, i want to save as much weight as possible really before i go for any big engine mods. plus taking bits out and selling is cheap :D.

I also was thinking of using some small fans and pipeing to drag the hot air away from the hottest parts of the engine as i know they run quiet hot and using cold air intakes to cool it down more. Maybe just thinking outside the box.

+1

To be honest there are not too many decent bolt on cheap mods/upgrades and there are even fewer that give decent power gains

Cold boxes work on turbo engines but if its a stock NA motor I wouldnt bother to buy one . If you are making it fair enough its only time you are spending.

thanks for the ideas guys gona fab up a cold intake box and possibly wrap the exhaust but think im gona fab up a new system myself so see if that helps at all :)

I do know that in New Zealand that you don't have emissions regs to conform to so get the cat out where you're there, however just remember when you fab up the new exhaust to put in a boos for the lambda probe.