Cheap coily's

No not tried these or know anyone who has! JC are your alarm bells not ringing about a set of these for £40? I know you are asking the question but be careful buddy! The looks and that price worry me greatly - I do hope I'm wrong.

Personally I'd rather spend the money on a set of branded lowering springs, they look like their designed more for looks than performance. Buy cheap, buy twice! :D

OK, I give up, must be missing something. How does this system reduce wheel hop and improve weight transfer during hard acceleration?

Mind you, at around £50 all in, if the springs turn out to be rubbish you could replace them as the adjustable seats would still be a reasonable price on their own as they look OK from here.

Last edited:
My alarm bells are Screaming!

I messaged the seller asking: "What manufacturer/brand are these kits?"

They responded: "after market ones, no brand"

I responded: "Who makes them?"

They responded: "made in China"

I asked again: "Do you know the name of the company which makes them?"

They responded: "imported by Toyosports, no brand on the box, 3 month warranty"

Knock-offs made in Hong kong would be my guess...Its just that things in america are super cheap & sometimes you can get some insanely cheap parts sent over.

Although after market springs are usually cheaper than OEM items, springs this cheap must be made from low spec material. I would expect either a snapped spring or a decrease in ride height after a while, or even both. But, at 'only' £50, it may be worth a punt, then you can let us know what they are like :)

But, at 'only' £50, it may be worth a punt, then you can let us know what they are like :)

Cool, I have never had a crash dummy before, I mean test pilot! If you do buy them JC make sure your wearing your seat belt and keep the speed under 25 mph and recheck all life insurance policy's that you may have just in case :)

So long nice knowing you, I mean good luck :lol:

sign0020.gif

Okay... So you already bought them, wrote your car off & that's why you bought another Prelude not so long back?

How are you JC? Hope you weren't too badly hurt.

That's my new Lude! just bought it.

The only thing that hurts is my pride...:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Sad to see your Lude upside down. :(

(Altough, she got healthy exsaust... :) ...just a joke to cheer you up a little, mate!)
Don't worry about pride! Everybody who drives sharp is prone to land somewhere on the side of the road. If you are unhurt everything else can be fixed.

Did you get those coils on her when lost control? Is it because those springs or some other factor?

Oh... You bought them and crashed. Sorry to hear that! I just hit reply after seeing the ebay advert and was disgusted.. :lol:

I hope you were okay and nobody got hurt.

Sad to see your Lude upside down. :(

(Altough, she got healthy exsaust... :) ...just a joke to cheer you up a little, mate!)
Don't worry about pride! Everybody who drives sharp is prone to land somewhere on the side of the road. If you are unhurt everything else can be fixed.

Encouraging words! Thanks for that.

Nobody was hurt, my sister was in the car (she's currently practicing for her driving test)...Doesn't seem to have fazed her though.

& no! I never brought the springs, was tempted though. I guess that's what you get for playing silly buggers on a narrow road....

I never brought the springs, was tempted though. I guess that's what you get for playing silly buggers on a narrow road....

You have learnt a valuable lesson therefore it is a lesson well learnt! All part of life's curve balls, to use an American baseball parlance! ;)