Charade owners say hello here.

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
If you have a Diahatsu charade then introduce yourself in here and tell us about yourself and your car. The GTTi is one of my faves but they seem to be so rare in the UK.

Any lucky GTti owners want to tell us about their car.

Im just across the water in Ireland where there are fewer gtti's however i managed to get my hands on a g100 turbo engine (thats the carbed turbo) and im restoring and modifying it and transplanting it into my soon-to-be-factory mint g100 shell, in place of the tweaked n/a 3cyc thats there now. My everyday car is a charade 95 1.3 16valve, it has a sports filter and... a broken exhaust. So it is a jet
I would also like to hear from other charade owners to compare ideas etc.

Hi dallara and welcome. You are so lucky to have tracked down a GTti. Keep us posted as to how your project goes. Post up some pics when you have 10 posts I love seeing work in progress.

Ah they are a smashing little car!!!

Post up some pics of the process..... Always wanted to know more about these cars!! :)

No I DONT have a GTTI, I have the much rarer cb61, the 6valve carbed turbo. I will upload pics as soon as shes back in the car, watch this space

It's so rare I'd never heard of it. Would love to see pics of that (you'll need 10 posts though to upload pics - post a few replies in other threads like the polls section or general chat.)

Hi! I'm from the Philippines. I have a 93 Daihatsu Charade that is currently in the paintshop. I hope this forum helps me make good/right decisions on modifications and restorations i'm planning. Glad I found this site. cheers! :)

Hi and welcome to TorqueCars. Ask us anything and we'll do our best to help you. What colour are you going for?

Hello again! I've been busy restoring my ride. Am also busy with our local Daihatsu club here. When I'm able to post photos, i'll post the results here. I hope to get comments from you guys. Thanks!

I have just got my hands on a 1992 Charade 1.3 (non-turbo). I have very excited about working on the car. I need tons of help! I don't know where to get performance parts. Daihatsu is very rare here in the US. Please help.

i dont hv the two doors GTti but i do have own their engine two CB70 .. in the past 8 years ..

my first project car was a 1986 charade G11. the car was running on CB70 with methanol injection, hybrid turbo, no cut ECU on 20psi .. producing 190hp .. but the body cant handle much of it .. so sell it as a trackcar including my DIY carpc touchscreen as a head unit .

my current project is a 1994 charade g100 . used to run on CB70, high cam , hybrid turbo, custom top mount intercooler, no cut ecu on 12psi producing 140hp .. one day, the wastegate pin hit the radiator on a drag run and keboomm .. engine overheated. since GTti parts are hard to come by, i change the engine to a more relaxing 130hp HDE 1.6 auto ..

my mechanic has a 1994 charade aura g100 with Mitsubishi 4G63 turbo 4WD ! he won a drag race with a 800hp skyline ! :p:p .. to power to weight ratio is wayyyyyy outttt ..:amuse::amuse:

to onafella, i assume the club is the Pocket Rocket ?

Last edited:
Hae iv got a 1996 model daihatsu charade(non Turbo):sad2: its got 2 10 inch subwooferz that are 200 watt each and a soundstream amp that is 5000 watt, i have a apexi pod filter and soon im gona get a big bore but the thing is if any 1 could help me wat would be the best way 2 go with getting a turbo?

Hello there buddy. You may find it cheaper and easier to go and buy a new car that is already turbo'd. Alternatively you could go out and buy a Donor car that is turbo for parts and transfer them onto yours. Still gonna be costly though.

i'm a daihatsu charade owner from indonesia..
my car have been engine swap with HD engine 1600cc,
port n polished done
with custom camshaft 285o,
custom clutch,
quantum coil,
hurricane plug wire,
crankshaft was balance n custom
flywheel custom

in 402 best time is 16,5 sec..
wanna 14 sec at lease..
what should i do??
where can buy the racing part such as:
piston
valve spring
ring piston

just want to play N/A

thanks..
photo will up load soon

turbonutter69 thanxs for that help im willing 2 pay a bit of cash to get my car turbo..the other thing iz do you have a daihatsu charade kause if you do how fast iz your one

well because i live in new zealand im not 2 sure aye but ino wea 2 get it done in new zealand...glend how fast iz your car going like kan it beat a honda vtec i think it will my charade iznt that fast right now but it kan keep up with one i took the air filter off and put a pipe on and it made a hell of a difference lol only got it up 2 130 down a little straight and had 2 pull bak in 2 the other side cause ov on coming traffic lol i hope i find wat u r lokking for cheers

HI there I`m from Bulgaria my car is Charade 1.3 HC-E 86HP it is rare model with 4 doors I bought it about a year ago and I`m looking forward to tune it up I`m glad to find this forum so I can disscus some thinks with other Charade owners because i Bulgaria this cars are rare

well if you want 2 make your car abit faster then clean out the distributer and the spark plugs or evan better get sum new spark plugs :amuse: I really want 2 put custom extractors on but i dont have the money right now but im going 2 wiariki 2 study automotive...and i get paid by a student loan YAY :bigsmile:... kan any one help me with cheap parts

doxter i think our cars might be similar..my daihatsu iz a 1.3 liter 4 door has well but what year is your car...and would you be able to put up pictures thanks..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi daihatsufinatik, just a small nag. Please avoid txt messaging speak - it winds a lot of people up and is against our T&C's.;)

Hi guys, Matt from australia i have a g100 charade and am currently doing bearings then suspension tuning and later an engine change as i drive it daily and work on my Series 1 RX7...

hello! I'm Larry from the Philippines. I have as well a g100 charade. its currently a work in progress. its made up of blood, sweat and tears. :D

Hello again! I've been busy restoring my ride. Am also busy with our local Daihatsu club here. When I'm able to post photos, i'll post the results here. I hope to get comments from you guys. Thanks!

Id like to see the pics onafele. Bests you get posting. Only 7 posts to go.

too bad we won't see or here from onafele anymore... you will be missed bro. :(

hey im ben from sydney aus and ive got a 1994 4 door charade and have big plans but need help and advice ,cheers

Hi

I live in Norway. I have a - 93 Charade diesel, and am interested in tuning tips.

iain

Hey, im Sutto,

I own a Daihatsu Charade F2, I have owned 2 other charades before this, a G202 1.0L with a 1.3L conversion and a G200 1.3L, I spend most of my time moderating on Daiforum.net. But found this site and and have come looking for infomation on building a turbo kit for my F2 :D Nice to meet you all