Changing the paint

kayy

Car
r34 GT skyline
I'm completely new to the whole customizing cars and what not.
I'm wanting to change the paint on my car atm it's two tone, roof and hood black and the rest of the body is silver. I'm wanting to go kermit green and the hod black, well something along them lines.
The problem is i have no idea about what's the best paint and who to do it.
i want the best quality as possible.

help please ?

Hi and welcome.

Not a simple first question!

The choice of the type of paint is tricky in itself. 2 pack, water based, cellulose to name but three. Depending on what is on the car may determine what paint to use or what preparation is required.

Changing the colour properly means a major strip down so the existing colour can be overpainted. Door frames, boot, engine bay etc.

As for the best job possible, you will need deep pockets. The best paint jobs are done by the vintage car restorers. A local company to me restores and maintains old Rolls Royces, Bentleys, Jaguars, etc. To paint my small Elan they guoted £23,000! This inclded 400 hours prep work.

A good high street sprayer will charge (in the UK) between £2-5000 for a respray with a colour change (there will be sprayers cheaper and dearer).

I suggest going to a few classic car meets and talking to the owners of cars that have the paint quality you are looking for.

Have a look at '' House of colour '' their paints are really good and you'll be hard pressed to find a more wicked mix. Will look around at where in Brisbane you can go for a decent spray painter.

thanks for the help :)

yeah i was epecting expensive but i believe it's worth it :)

i'll have a look around and hopefully all goes well.

thanks again well appreciated