Central locking motor!

Chippy657

Torque Junkie
Car
Peugeot 206 LX
I have a probem, when i push the magic button that opens my doors i get a strange sound and all bar the passanger front door opens ready for me to get in. When i use the key to open the passanger door side with everything locked, all bar the front driver opens.

Any ideas?

well my first guess would be the passenger locking motor are you any good with a multi meter cause you can test it to seen for definite

kinda use multi meters evry day being an electrician lol but dotn know what im going across, i have spoken to a mechanic and he sayd both need replacing, hes my dads mate so im sure he aint bumping me!!

cheers for the help!!!

Hi here's something I found online related to the central locking system:

PEUGEOT 206 - CENTRAL DOOR LOCKING PROBLEM

Fault

Central door locking faults including the Central door locking system not operating on one or more doors and the Central door locking system intermittently locking and then immediately unlocking.

Cause

Repeated problems of Central Door Locking (CDL) failure have been traced to water ingress into the harness plug connection to the CDL unit within the door, causing bad corrosion to the terminals.

The central locking motor / switch and lock assembly are all encapsulated within one unit, and individual components cannot be renewed separately. It is not possible to diagnose CDL faults by disconnecting solenoids / switches etc because the Built in Systems Interface (BSI) control module logs a fault. Until the fault is rectified the CDL will unlock instantly.

Vehicles

Rectification
Peugeot recommend replacing both the O/S and N/S CDL units together. The CDL motor / switch assemblies are wired directly to the Built In Systems Interface control module which can be found attached to the interior fuse box situated under the dash on the O/S just above the drivers right knee.

New latch assemblies (replacement of both sides is recommended by Peugeot) are supplied with different wiring / harness plug configuration i.e. new latch assemblies have different connecting plug shape / configuration. Therefore the manufacturer includes the new corresponding half of the connecting plug assembly within the replacement parts. To adapt the new latch wiring proceed as follows:

Remove existing harness plug from body wiring loom and re -connect to the new replacement harness plug in the following order.

Note. Above information in table is for Central door locking system without deadlocking. Central door locking systems with deadlocking have 8 wire latch assemblies. At present no calls have been received regarding failure or replacement of this type of Central door locking system.

Refer to the wiring diagram on the following page for details of the Central door locking system without deadlocking facilities.

Model Year Engine code

Peugeot 206 1998 onwards All models without dead locking

N/S door wire unit Original harness plug New harness plug Connection to CDL system
693 (orange wire) 6 1 CDL module terminal A6
M6240 (green/yellow wire) 4 2 Direct earth connection
6202 (brown wire) 2 3 CDL module terminal B5
6212 (brown wire) 7 4 CDL module terminal B16
6232 (orange wire) 3 5 CDL module A11

Sorry i can't post the wiring diagram (not sure how to). Hope this helps

WOW where did you find that mate? I am getting it sorted by a mechanic now but that is very helpfull as i now know if he is trying to mug me off!

cheers buddy!