central locking mondeo!!

minx23

Tuner
Car
mondeo zetec s tdci
hiya again folks!!!! im back again, just when i thought id finally got everything sorted.... my blumming central locking is acting up!! i took it to the garage last week and had sub frame bushes replaced, cam belt, fan belt, power steering belt, air con belt, drop link sorted and a leak out of my back window sprayer... oh and electric drivers door window that was acting up!!! but today.. my central lockin has decided to give in on me, when i lock/unlock the doors, it only unlocks/locks which ever door has the key in... and then i can hear a ticking sound comin from under the dash board!!! but when im in my car, if i lock the doors manually the ticking stops!!! the key fob hasnt ever worked since i had the car so now its proper doin my head in!!!! so any of u brain boxes got a clue wot it could be? might it of been something to do with the fact the garage took off the door card to get to the window, or does it sound like i have another big bill coming????? any suggestions always appreciated!!! u lot are great!!!! thanx in advance..even if its bad news!!! lol!!!

Last edited:
Hey and welcome back minx.

do you know if the central locking is electronic or pneumatic ?
if it electronic it might just be as simple as a fuse has blown

im quessing that if you are still hearing clicking then i would say its the relay i have no experience with a mondeo but this solved a similar problem on my mates r5gtt hope this helps and it is something as easy as the relay

hiya, thanx for replies!! not sure if it electronic or pneumatic, how would i tell??? honest i aint blonde!! lol, and also if its the relay thing, how do i find out or sort it? i dont mind gettin my hands dirty lol, but only if im doin the right thing!! oh sorry for the spelling tonight, had a few bevvies!!!

just noticed, when the doors arent locking/unlocking properly, if i have the front doors open and try opening the electric windows... they dont open...but when i press the switch for the window its making the interior light turn off!!! my brother has suggested goin to a scrap yard and getting a full set of new doors and swapping them..... this seems a bit extreme to me...... any ideas???

just noticed, when the doors arent locking/unlocking properly, if i have the front doors open and try opening the electric windows... they dont open...but when i press the switch for the window its making the interior light turn off!!! my brother has suggested goin to a scrap yard and getting a full set of new doors and swapping them..... this seems a bit extreme to me...... any ideas???

Sounds to me like a dodgy earth fords are prone to them. Either that or a relay. Have a check round where the work has been done and also look for trapped wires. I know someone recently who had a similar problem with an immobiliser an it turned out to be a trapped wire..... Hope this helps.

I'd go with the dodgy earth. It sounds like the electrics are dodgy. A friend has this problem after a body shop did some arc welding on the car without disconnecting the battery or leads. It was like he had a gremlin in the electrics.

I don't suppose you have damp getting in to the electrics anywhere?

Last edited:
Does the interior light flicker on and off when you do the lock/window thing?

Disconnect the +ve from the battery then disconnect he -ve at both ends if you can. Clean the terminals up (coca cola is brilliant) then re-attach them - first then +. This will sort out your main earth. However it could be a bad earth elsewhere in the car and you really need an auto electrician with a meter to test it out.