Central locking issue

Boabcc

Wrench Pro
Car
406 hdi 110
Hay guys, to cut a long story short,
My central locking dosent work, but the buttons on the key seams to be ok. How I know?
When the car goes into economy mode I wait till everything shuts down then I press the button on the key this causes the radio to come back on and the economy mode to be displayed again,
Which leaves me to believe it's ither a fuse or relay
Any suggestions? I've look for the fuse but can't find it or any dead ones,

Yes the fuse would be a good start, sometimes the fuse is shared with another gadget so you may need to consult the handbook or manual. Also, if the car is anything like mine it has fuse boxes under the bonnet, under the glovebox and in the boot :(
Once you have found the fuse and confirmed its ok then you will need to look at the solenoid in the front drivers door. Oh yes, don't just look at the fuse from the top and think it's ok, sometimes they blow right at the end with a tiny gap so check with a multimeter or suitable voltage indicating appliance. Some cars just have a switch in the drivers door instead of a solenoid so look at this also. Another thing that should be checked is the door loom, some of them are an inline plug & socket arrangement so it would be worthwhile looking at this to see if there is any corrosion on the terminals. Check there is power and if so, then remove the solenoid and pull the plunger in and out, if the rest of the doors open and closes then its a new solenoid required. Also, some solenoids have a separate relay to control them rather than one being built into the solenoid as this keeps the size required down to a minimum so double check for a separate relay. Also, look into the alarm system as some door locks integrate with the alarm so the alarm might be holding it off.

IMPORTANT NOTE.
Oh one more thing, if checking the drivers door solenoid make sure you keep the key in your hand or pocket and make sure the window is lowered on the passenger side, you will thank me later if the door suddenly locks leaving your keys inside, ask me how I know. :oops:

Does your central Locking work with the key?
Also alot of manufacturers use micro switches now in the drivers door. Do your interior lights come on when you unlock the door or when you open it?

Does your central Locking work with the key?
Also alot of manufacturers use micro switches now in the drivers door. Do your interior lights come on when you unlock the door or when you open it?
Sorry for late reply, yes central locking works on all doors with the key. And the interior light comes on