Central arm rests

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Does your car have a central arm rest? Do you use it? Does it get in the way?

I find that they are a pain in town with frequent use of handbrake and gear changes but on the motorway they can help reduce driver fatigue.

What are your thoughts on central arm rests?

Mine is fine, actually it has an extending sliding top so that you can rest your whole forearm on it. Great with an auto but I suppose it could be a bit of a nuisance if you have a manual gearbox.

I have one on both the MG and the Vectra with the Vectra having a sliding one which is okay and doesn't get in the way. I know what you mean about the VAG ones, they can obstruct the handbrake, never understood the design of those from the ones I have encountered.

My Vectra had one which I found quite annoying at 1st but I soon found myself hanging on to it & bracing myself against it during hard cornering, no bucket seats in that thing...

They're useful for lazy A road and Mway driving. My ancient E39 BMW 528i has an adjustable centre arm rest. The Pug had separate ones that folded down.

They do reduce fatigue on long journeys. No question about that. But they do get in the way with manual gearchanges in my experience. Despite me being long of limbs in the upper body

the skodas is down as standard and slides alot better than the boras where if it was down you couldnt get to the HB or really easily get to 2nd 4th or 6th gear

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back