Celica GT-4 ST205 tuning help

siberiandylan

I have bought a Celica ST205 GT-4 (Wow!)
I love this car, and had before a ST165 & ST185 so this had to be next.
I have fitted a turbo timer, munual boost controller and intake filter. I'm going to fit a good exhaust next.
I'm at a loss of what to do next I dont want to spend that much or look to rebuild the engine (Yet)
does any one have any idea's
Thanks Mike

Welcome to the site. Nice car! You will have plenty of fun with that. A remap would be a good idea but I haven't seen any companies offering them for the GTfour so perhaps you will have to get a piggy back ECU. You have probably gone as far as you can without rebuilding the engine anyway so overall you have done a good job of tuning and certainly got some sensible options on there.

for the 3s gte you DONT want a piggy back ecu, the only one to get is a apexi power fc costing around £500,

but first on that engine i would get a manifold and exhuast with a air filter, boost gauge and controller and knock the boost to 15 psi (NO MORE) after this think about hks cams and pulleys then bigger turbo and power fc last which will bring all your mods into effect you will be able to get 340bhp from a good engine with all above mods:bigsmile:

my mr2 is at this stage and ppl shat themselves when i put my foot down

Got any pics of your MR2 - always interested to see what people have done to their cars.

HI Vardymr2 -thanks for the pics. You make it sound simple and I guess everything is simple when you know what you are doing.

(BTW Sorry your post got held in the moderation queue as it had links/images and you have under 10 posts! I have only just gone through the moderation queue - it looks like you had a few goes so once again sorry.)

i have a 205 a manifold is useless as the standard can easily flow 400 bhp lagg the charge cooler fit an electronic boost controler run 1.2 bar 17 psi easy fit a fcd as a safegaurd against fuel cut move the battery to the boot and fadricate a straight intake and then fit a 255 fuel pump and then get an ecu and set it all up get a 2.5 ext and a 3inch decat and youll have 330 bhp or even a little more i have ran this on my car no problem