CAT stolen!!

Lillady

Tuner
Car
fiesta st &focus st
People im fuming to say the least just to let people know and be warned my CAT off my ford 4X4 pick up was stolen was sworn right off had a quote to get mine fix and lets just say its not cheap totally fuming it was on the road not outsidethe house as this truck is normally blocked in on the drive by the other cars. the ob been watching to see when the truck is there and when its not so people just watch out im int he South East Kent area and there been a hefty few that were done that night according to Ford as i rang up for parts.

SCUM BAGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!

I guess people should also refuse to buy a used catalyst. I wonder if they are being sold as precious metal scrap?

It's only a matter of time till this sort of thing catches on, why they don't put the cats up in the engine bay just below the manifold I don't know!

I feel for you and this is my area so I'll be more alert than usual.

they get about £50 to £80 for the CAT and been quoted well over £1700 plus for this they really made a mess of my poor baby, they can do about 8 of these a night and will just keep on doing it had to go to the Old Bill Station get a crime ref num and they said they had so many in this week........

Thing is they know your going to get it fixed so there be back.

So they are waiting till you get a new one then stealing this as well! This is a nightmare. It makes you want to electrify your car doesn't it!:evil:

they prob will hun...... my dad uses it for work so its really f***** him up at the mo, think we going to have to park it where i live after it has been fixed for a while untill he comes up with an idea not to be able to get that cat off

i did suggust a flame thrower sensor!!

lol

true hun true think the old man going put that up on the house he wants see who it is we wont say what for lol!!

defo weighing them there getting £50 to £80 quid each and they do at least 8 in a night a 2 min job.

not to sure what going be done already looking into something.

they took off so much from underneath about the lengh of my arm

Could you build a little bay around the car? To stop them being able to slide under?

It's really catching on. Everytime I see a 4x4 I can't help but think how easy it'd be to slide under and just hack it off. Sometimes you can see it from standing (well what I assume to be it anyways).

Can they really recover the metal form the converter? I've never seen inside one.

they defo get the cash for it i tell ya!

not possible to do a bay cars are worked on, on dads driveway so big no. And where i LIVE i cant do that either so big no no

Last edited:
This is a little off topic, but once someone told me the white bit from a spark plug is great for smashing side windows?

i tell you what as you live in kent near me, go to farningham station, and theres a car place literally to your right as you go up the hill, go in and ask theres a bloke in there called paul, he might be able to give you a better qoute on getting it fixed his my girlfriends dad, its call UK CARS AND VANS. i hate it when things happen like that, it really grates on me because now days you cant hav anything nice, thats why im chopping in my car for an old jeep so i can dent there doors when i park up lol. any way good luck on getting it sortted tho, pehaps place some sort of cctv in your house, because who ever done it might decide to come back again, i dont want to scare you, but you know... you never no these days, and when you catch them post it up and were call them .......some sort of naughty words anyway im dragging on sory ,lol

this has been going on for a few years they pick on 4x4's and vans ect as they are easyer to get under but have changed cats on loads of cars due to this

were abouts in kent are you i can do you a quote if you are near me

Thats terrible Lexus, with the prices of scrap and precious metals at an all time high it is not surprising. I don't know why manufacturers don't put them in the engine bay near the manifold. They'd be a lot more efficient up there as well!

I know a guy who had one stolen and then when he'd replaced it he had the new one stolen a few days later.

Yeah it's be stupid now metal thefts.
Our local councils are starting to smart water alot of council property as they are nicking park benches and alsorts round these parts.

we had a case last year where a church was being renovated and one night the churches 400 kg bell went missing , luckily it was found before it was melted down

Here in NZ it is a regular practice to remove the cats from our 4x4s , trouble is once removed they cant be dumped in a regular scrap metal bin due to whats in them

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back