cat on seat leon cupra r 225 bam engine

ade225R

Car
seat leon cupra r
Is my seat Leon cupra r 225 with a bam engine year 2004 .. Does it have a twin cat or a single cat .. I want to get a down pipe fitted but garage asked if its a twin or single .. They say if its a twin then i will need a sports cat fitted also but if single then it will be bolt straight on .. Plz helpppppp

After a little Google search I found two cars mentioned with factory exhaust systems containing just ONE cat.

Hope this helps.

By the sounds of things there maybe a little miscommunication here? Are you sure he said cats not o2/lamba sensors?
Is this an of the shelf dp or is one being made?

That's a strong possibility herb, did not even give that a single thought :embarrest: Oh well I tried anyway :amuse:

its being made a stainless still one i want a sports cat eventually as i have done the cat back in stainless but cant afford the sports cat yet .. So doing it bit by bit .. So wanted the new down pipe to fit on standard cat for moment but He said is it either a dual cat or single cat IE two pipes go into it or one .. I think its two looking at the standard seat Leon cupra r setup

Beware on these engines cause they are so sensor sensitive just changing the dp can cause the car to go into limp mode (some do some don't) best bet is to do all the work in one go! Which means saving for a while! I know it's not what you want to hear. But you need to decide how far you want to take the car save for the parts and only pay for labour once (if you're getting a garage to fit the parts for you) then get the car mapped;)

so when it gets mapped after the work has been done i shouldn't get any fault codes / limp mode from having a new downpipe .. I was going to get it remapped at revo once the exhaust was fully complete and a 4 bar fuel pressure regulator fitted too which apparently is it good thing to do with a map

Is my seat Leon cupra r 225 with a bam engine year 2004 .. Does it have a twin cat or a single cat .. I want to get a down pipe fitted but garage asked if its a twin or single .. They say if its a twin then i will need a sports cat fitted also but if single then it will be bolt straight on .. Plz helpppppp
it has a twin cat same as mine i have a 2004 one just replaced with a cobra turbo back sports cat nice mod but not cheap at £410.00

£410 for turbo back that's cheap i reckon or was that just for the sports cat. Did you half to get it remapped after .. What's it like in difference etc i really want it done

£410 for turbo back that's cheap i reckon or was that just for the sports cat. Did you half to get it remapped after .. What's it like in difference etc i really want it done
Did you get your remapped? They go like a rocked afterwards, you're looking at around 270bhp after a map but the peak torque comes in much sooner and makes them awesome to drive.