Cars to keep clear of

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Do you have any cars you deliberatey keep clear of?

I parked up near a car with child seats and toys packed into the rear. When I came back to my car I had aquired a new dent in the wing where a door had been opened onto it.

I now avoid parking near cars in supermarkets which show signs of children. I also avoid cars with scraped bumpers and dented wings.

Do you have any similar cars in your best avoided list?

when i had the monster 4x4 i used to love parking as tight as i could to the drivers door on posh bmw's.

you would come back and find the passenger side of the 4x4 wiped clean of mud. lol lol

i'm nasty.

tbh i find no matter what type of car it is if the driver or passenger doesnt give a damn about someone elses property then they wont care if they open their door onto your paintwork espec if its just their trim and not their own paint that hits yours,

i was parked in tescos a few months back, sat in my car on the phone before going shopping (wont talk on my phone in public places as find it irritating) and a smart looking couple parked in spot beside me in a shiny new audi, passenger got out and wacked her door off mine hard enough to leave a dent, then looked at me smugly thinking she was clever due to having a shiny new audi and a pretty boy of a boyfriend........ lets just say i wasnt a happy bunny and she got a full on verbal attack (whilst her boyfriend/husband just walked off and left her) ....... i decided to go to asda to do my shopping instead but kindly replicated the dent in my door in hers before i went :D

ive got the bonus of being able to park in the mother and baby spaces at supermarkets so there is less chance of doors being opened on my car due to the huge amount of space :)

I do think Teso is tight with parking spaces. Our local one seems to think we all drive 1979 Minis or smaller cars.

If you can get a child and mum space then use it!!!

My kids are a bit too old now to justify doing so.

But I do have the advantage that the P406 is written off so the Seat Ibiza I'm currently using is as easy to park as a fag packet.

I'm very picky about where I park the Passat. I like finding end bays so I can push my car as far against the wall or whatever as possible leaving the biggest gap between me and whatever may park or be parked next to me.

The FreeLander i'll park anywhere. It's impossible for a standard car door to hit the FreeLander as I've got the side step things on, so the bottom of their door hits the big metal step before the door can hit my door/paintwork.

I'm very picky about where I park the Passat. I like finding end bays so I can push my car as far against the wall or whatever as possible leaving the biggest gap between me and whatever may park or be parked next to me.

I do exactly that in the Focus. I've already had some fool scratch the side. :mad::mad::mad:

same as TN and Rob i try to park in an end spae right up against the line.
basially avoid anything with child seats old people, bangers in fact just about everyone. found a nice chip when someones hit my passengers door trim with their door

I try to park as far away from the shop entrance as possible, where no one else wants to park and preferably in an end bay. Anyone who parks near me tends to think like I do ie. Respect other people’s cars.
It does mean you have to walk an extra 50m but hey! I need the exercise and so far, my 16 year old car is dent free.

I try to park as far away from the shop entrance as possible, where no one else wants to park and preferably in an end bay. Anyone who parks near me tends to think like I do ie. Respect other people’s cars.
It does mean you have to walk an extra 50m but hey! I need the exercise and so far, my 16 year old car is dent free.

Glad that works for you BUT over here in Oz I can park well away from everybody else with 50 + empty spots all around me and sure enough there will be some Muppet parked right next to my car when I return. .V(