Cars that don't work in white

thexav

Pro Tuner
Staff member
Car
2002 Clio 172
I think there are quite a few cars that just don't seem to work when they are finished with white paint.

The Toyota IQ looks like the helmet of a storm trooper.
The VW Touareg just looks like a washing machine or massive domestic appliance.

Can you think of any other cars that should just never be made in white? Are there any cars that only look good in white (The Lotus Esprit is one for me that only looks right in white)?

Last edited:
When I bought my Picasso new, white was the only colour that was a no-cost option, nowadays it is the colour to have! Whenever you saw a white Picasso you would think tightarse! Some white MPVs look like private ambulances, only white vehicles I have ever owned was a Humber Sceptre with black vinyl roof, Ford Transit, Bedford CF350 and a V6 Calibra, which looked good. A work colleague has a new Passat in white and that does look good. The only ones that don't work are company cars as they are seldom clean!

"What do you drive?"

"A Stormtroopers helmet...." LMAO!

Sorry, just amusing myself lol. The misses is going to a candle party <shrugs> tonight and I'm at a loose end.

"What do you drive?"

"A Stormtroopers helmet...." LMAO!

Sorry, just amusing myself lol. The misses is going to a candle party <shrugs> tonight and I'm at a loose end.

A candle party - just women....

what do they do with the candles :toung:

A candle party - just women....

what do they do with the candles :toung:

Actually her indoors is off to one next Thursday :amazed: She is after a Tiffany style wall sconce with non drip candles and citronella candles in hurricane vases for the garden apparently! Sorry that I had to share that with you lot :embarrest:

Actually her indoors is off to one next Thursday :amazed: She is after a Tiffany style wall sconce with non drip candles and citronella candles in hurricane vases for the garden apparently! Sorry that I had to share that with you lot :embarrest:

well i'm gonna sleep soooo much better tonight knowing that - thanks for sharing :lol:

Blimey For a Second I mistaken you for David Cameron Lmao

Chris Evans famously has/had a white Ferrari collection & even had cars resprayed to match, I think he sold the bulk of them to finance his purchase of a 250 GTO.
I'm not a fan of white Ferrari's though, just seems wrong to me. :amuse:

new cars in white colors look splashy decent but to maintain them in that regular color is very hard!!

On tonights Top gear they showed Chris evens car collection Ferraris some were white in my oppinion it did,nt suit them at all!.

Reminds me of Ferris Buellers day off....

" That's okay... We will just slip it into reverse and watch the miles just fall off!"

I wish... :lol:

Well I hate Chris Evans choice of white for his Ferraris, but I love his multi garage setup, that was so so cool :love:

Never been a fan of white cars. It might be trendy at the moment but like jeans that are half way down your backside with the gusset at your knees, fashionable does not necessarily mean it looks good.

On our estate full of upwardly mobile keeping up with the joneses there are a great deal of white cars. They all just look like ex-police to me.

Never been a fan of white cars. It might be trendy at the moment but like jeans that are half way down your backside with the gusset at your knees, fashionable does not necessarily mean it looks good.

On our estate full of upwardly mobile keeping up with the joneses there are a great deal of white cars. They all just look like ex-police to me.

Gutted....

There seem to be loads of white cars around now. Is it just me or this suddenly an in colour?