Cars parked stupid using mobile phones!!

tully78

Tuner
Car
saab 900 coupe
Today travelling from a friends there was a woman parked on the exit to a road with cars behind trailing across the roundabout. prob discussing what clothes and make up they should wear out friday...lol

Or perhaps she'd broken down and was calling for assistance! Nah - we get them round our way too. They just stop the car and take a phone call.

I believe that even with the engine running it is still illegal to use a mobile phone in the car -although I doubt you can be had for driving without due care and attention, more like parking without due care and attention.

nope the cars not classed as parked up while the engines still running
I know of someone that got booked for driving without due care and attention whilst "parked" at some traffic lights with the handbrake on.

It would be interesting to know what the law states when it comes to cars and engines running.

Here a few more scenarios to discuss, all are base on what I have heard and not what I have read.

Technically if you left a child in the car with the engine running you have left the child in charge of the vehicle. - I say this on the basis that a drunk person sleeping in their own car will be prosecuted for being in charge of a motor vehicle whilst over the legal limit, the same goes for pushing a motorbike home after the pub trip!

Yeah I know you can get done for even having your car keys in your pocket after having a drink.
And motorcycle's have to be 6 or more inches off the ground if you don't want to get into trouble.