Carpet protection

Celtic Eagle

Wrench Pro
Ok so we get in the car shoes dirty and it gets in the carpet. Now what's the best way to keep it clean two ideas spring to mind get some decent mats and have them treated so they can just be brushed off or use clear vinyl cover mates . What does the team think? Any other ideas?

Celtic Eagle

Last edited:
dont let people with dirty feet get in the car.

paper mats are avalible for pennies (the ones that garages use) if you want to use normal mats and have them there for when the shoes are dirty

Scotch Guard is very good, it means the carpets will come up like new even after heavy abuse. It lasts about 5-10 years.

There is no substitute for car mats though, these absorb the wear and tear more than any protective coating ever will.

does the vinegar thing work well then ? have you tried it on your own car carpets ? :blink:

Wouldn't suggest it if I hadn't tried it first!
You can also try mixing a cup of baking soda adn 20 drops essential oil (lavender, lemon, neroli, grapefruit). Let it sit for 5 or more minutes and then vacuum the powder.
OR
20 drops essential oil of pennyroyal with ½ pint vinegar and ½ pint water :blink1:

reminds me of aggie & kim from how clean is your house lol !!!
thanks mate will give it a go and let u know how it goes !
is the essential oils for fragrance or does it clean aswell ?
stupid question i know but im intrested lol !!!!! :)

Fiance trains horses and riders for English style jumping... my mats get very sandy. Sandy is a big no-no as it grinds down the treads of mats and carpets. It didnt take long for her heels and sand to rub out the "SE-R" stitching on the passanger mat.

I shake the mats out probably every five days for the sand, and if your girl has long hair that builds up in the carpets, a quick thing to do is just breath hot air into your palm like you were cleaning sunglasses and rub the carpet, the moisture pulls all the hair out.

Also, the vinegar works great! I read this thread yesterday at work and tried it when I got home. Thank you!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back