carbs & turbo??

Hi, well, with carburettors, they work by causing a depression of air at the venturi that causes a smooth flow of air into the engine, this also draws in fuel from the main jet continiously during the depression, changing the depression by adding foced induction (turbocharging), causes a much greater depression therefore more fuel is needed, so altering the size of the main jet allows you to tune the fuel/air ratio, you can set up the carb by 'jetting' at a rolling road, RMJ.

If you are adding a turbo to a non turbo engine you need to be really careful that you don't suffer from engine knock or detonation. Generally the addition of lower compression pistons will allow you to add a turbo and avoid most of the lag issues, without risking engine knock either!

yeh, like wayne says, fit lower compression pistions, a lower compression headgasket and maybe even strengthened/lightened conrods, this will all allow you to increase the boost to a decent level and obtain a good powergain :D

jejej I'm slepping when make my post, the idea is what the car with carburators and modification on the turbochargers, are too dificult to set the mixe