The Torque Meister
Car
Nissan Primera S.I.
Just had a go at covering a few bits in carbon

my 1st go, think i've done an ok job:

291220111129.jpg

291220111133.jpg

:bigsmile:

Good job, they look neatly done too, but... personally I think doing the whole dash might be a little O.T.T. How about flocking the dash & wrapping a few choice parts instead? Could work out cheaper & a lot less stressful in the long run. :D

Just a thought, you can tell me to jump off a bridge, I won't mind. :p

If that's the 3M stuff, it's wicked. Just remember that patients is a virtue with this stuff, rush and it WILL go wrong. I did all of my centre console in my Vectra ST and came out sweet.

^^ Pictures for some guidance please! :)

As requested, here some pics of my centre console, gear stick surround and coin tray. Like I say, you need patience for this as it can go wrong quite easily and the flow of the carbon pattern does not look right. But a nice hair dryer and a woolen glove as you will be pressing hard with your fingure lol.

VectraST19.jpg

VectraST20.jpg

VectraST21.jpg

VectraST22.jpg

VectraST24.jpg

VectraST25.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As a comparison, carbon fibre is around £75 a metre before making moulds, buying resin and paying for the item to be made.

Dispite my obvious dislike of pretend stuff, these look pretty good.

As a comparison, carbon fibre is around £75 a metre before making moulds, buying resin and paying for the item to be made.

Dispite my obvious dislike of pretend stuff, these look pretty good.

That price would explain the heart stopping moments when the Carbon Weezel boys gave me their prices per item made :amazed:

But for all those who have less than deep pockets, the CF vinyl represents a more wallet friendly way of getting that CF special look in their car.

:amazed::amazed::amazed::amazed:

Sorry for jumping in on this thread, but after reading OG's ray of bad news I have just double checked the pirce of the front splitter that is on my ''wish list'' and was very neer on my ''bought'' list.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MITSUBISH...Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e699364de#shId

£120 delivery!!! :amazed::amazed::amazed:

Im better off paying an extra £50 and getting a better/british one. And its from the same place I'm getting my work done. So won't have to pay delivery

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mitsubish...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3ef9d9e655

Last edited:
I wish I could see it BBJ, in the UK this is what we get when you try to open it up:

This video contains content from Channel 4, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
Sorry about that.

Dagger, I was wondering! do you have any plans to buy any genuine carbon fibre goodies for your car in the future?

I wish I could see it BBJ, in the UK this is what we get when you try to open it up:

This video contains content from Channel 4, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
Sorry about that.

Dam. :sad2:

I'll have to spoil the supprise. Type in Peep show mugging. Should get it.

I'm sick of this Bahrain internet. There are 10000's of things I cant go on here, and the one thing I can go on, you guy's cant! :mad:

Had a few bits wrapped in that carbon effect stuff before, must admit it's not a bad compromise, most carbon wrap looks terrible as it is trying to replicate the original, so it just looks like a load of grey and black dashes with a shiney covering..... The stuff you guys have used looks like the stuff I did and has a texture rather than a look and gives a much better aperance, kinda makes you think twice if it is real or not too....

Did a whole roof with it, the bonnet vents, side vents and a few interior bits ;)

xkracer-70408-albums-jaguars-i-have-worked-1860-picture-x150-xkrs-conversion-7042.jpg

The 3M stuff which is by far the best as far as effect goes but if you could laquor very thinly over the top, I dont think you would be able to tell the difference to the untrained eye

:amazed:
The 3M stuff which is by far the best as far as effect goes but if you could laquor very thinly over the top, I dont think you would be able to tell the difference to the untrained eye

now there's a good idea, especially when i get to door the door pillars in the stuff ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Carbon can be used in a few ways, the main one is the use of a vacuum mould with resin impreganted carbon fibre, the whole thing is put in an autoclave where the carbon is heated, the resin melts and voila...... one panel.... this process cost uber mucho spondoolicks..... You can wet lay carbon so you do the same thing as fibreglass, this only works on very simpe shapes and flat surfaces. Another way...... is the cheating way ;)

I have seen this done on many car body panels... Take a bonnet, cover it in resin. lay your carbon over the top and roll the hell out of it to loose all the bubbles, then apply many coats of lacquer, looks very realistic, adds weight, but it is the look you are going for....... I would say simple.... but its not!!!

. You can wet lay carbon so you do the same thing as fibreglass, this only works on very simpe shapes and flat surfaces. Another way...... is the cheating way ;)

Take a look at T9man's CF parts. All done the wet lay way :)