Car suggestions

I used performance torque for both my generic and custom maps they are based in wombourne (Wolverhampton) great reviews throughout the vag forum's

Thank's for the suggestion's guy's, is their much of a difference between generic maps and one's tailored specifically to your engine or is it all just price tag considering the ECU remap would probably be the only thing I do on the car unless something else need's changing to maintain reliability.

Any remap is going to be a better drive and ownership prospect than a tuning box so if you are considering those then please stop considering them :-D

Any remap is going to be a better drive and ownership prospect than a tuning box so if you are considering those then please stop considering them :-D

Thanks Paul :) maybe I should rephrase to young Stiggy, any remap will be significantly better than factory, but if you have the time and the money then custom is the way to go!
Please do not go down the tuning box route ;)

Thank's for the suggestion's guy's, is their much of a difference between generic maps and one's tailored specifically to your engine or is it all just price tag considering the ECU remap would probably be the only thing I do on the car unless something else need's changing to maintain reliability.

A generic map is just that a map made to improve a certain engine/turbo
A custom map will get you a couple more ponnies from a standard engine!
BUT a custom map with the correct modifications will get the best of the engine and mods ;)

Haha young Stiggy, make's me sound younger than what I actually am.

From the sound's of thing's my idea of a remap was the custom one anyway, my idea of the process of a ecu remap was to put a base map on it, Dyno run, tune some more, another dyno run and so on until you find the best setting for the engine, is that essentially a custom map? And are these tuning box's just a box that plug's into the ECU that adjust's the input's or something along those lines?

Hahaha ^^^^ Everyone should own a Skyline at some time eh? Gummy ;)
18mpg on a good day might be a hard to take though!
£1500 quid ain't gonna get much of Skyline either come to think of it.

Fair enough, well since all I will be doing once I get a turbo car would be an ECU upgrade the generic one would be fine for me.

Never been much of a fan of the skyline's to be honest although I thought the R33's looked good, I've always been more of a 3000GT (GTO) man.

Mind all this information is going to have to be put to use in a few year's now since I went to Ford to see about a Focus ST, they couldn't get me finance on a ST but they have managed to get me finance on a Zetec S which will do me for a few year's, being pressed for time to get a car this will probably be my nicest option even though I won't have a turbo motor. Still give's me a few year's now to save up for the like's of an ST or something equivalent ;)

Yeah sorry chaps i,m just a skyline nut!!,i hope what ever you go for is reliable and gives many miles of trouble free motoring!!

Thank's dude, I would modify this car that I'm likely to be getting but I want to give it back in a couple of year's to clear the finance so no mod's for this one, maybe on the next car I end up getting ;)