Car Spraying -ADVICE PLEASE!

jizy

Wrench Pro
Im thinking of getting a body kit for my Mk II clio. Just wondering the best way to match the colour to the existing body. Can anyone give me some advice? Good spray shops? DIY?

Cheers,

I would definately use a spray shop. It is quicker and less hassle. You just can't do a decent paint job from a tin you really need the spray equipment. Check the local industrial estates for small crash repair shops and get a couple of quotes. It will be less if you fit the bumpers yourself after they have been sprayed.

Definitely have the job done by a pro. The colour you want also matters with pricing. For example candy paint is much more expensive than gloss.

I found a local body shop, and a web page to get the paint from the code on the car pannels. Going to see how much it will set me back.

New paint and old paint of the same code often look different shades so it would be worth getting the kit fitted to the car then dusting over the panels with the new paint to help it match up better. Let us know what quote you get.

As said I would deff have the kit sprayed by a reputable Bodyshop as for the colour match if the paint is in alright condition depending on the Bodyshop they should be able to get a good match by getting your O/E paintwork back to it's best condition with a good buff etc...