Car shampoo

billyo

Track Warrior
Does anyone use car shampoo? Is it any good or shall I still with using washing up liquid?

I find that a lot of car shampoos make the front screen misty when the wiper goes over them, is there any way to stop this?

washing up liquid is good for stripping all the grease and muck off your paintwork but can be a bit harsh for using all the time.

maguires gold class shampoo is good

wax your windscreen (and other windows) when you do the rest of your car, helps the rain just run off and stops smearing of windscreen wiper, will also lengthen the life of your wipers as you wont need to use them as much to clear the rain.

Washing up liquid will destroy any polish you have on the car.

agreed :)

one of the lads i know bought a mx5 that had been waxed to death in a bad way (too much waxed used and not taken off properly)

he had to wash it for 3 months every weekend with washing up liquid just to get the wax off so he could wax it properly

use autogym car shampoo on the car and wax all but the front windscreen as i find the its the wax that makes it more streaky when the wipers are on.

clean your wiper blades when you clean the car and this should help with the misting as well

I think I was told that washing up liquid contains stuff that attacks paint work, possibly a mild acid I can't remember! :amuse: Don't put washing up liquid in your window wash either, it just collects into a gooey mess at the bottom of the tank.

It (washing up liquid) is not acidic but does contain salt which, although not directly corrosive, will catalyse corrosion.

Armor All Wash Gel is a good quick way to clean your car if that's your thing.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back