Car setup question suspension

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How much negative camber do we need to set on the front/rear of my mates drift car which is a (BMW 325).

Last edited:
you dont really negative camber, just lower it to get rid of body roll stiffen, unless your going into drifting seriously. @johan there a good car to drift with the right driver they were all therage in ireland for drifting about 5 years ago them and ae86's them 180's and s14's could be got alot cheaper and there alot easier to drift

Depends if you need it for the road or not....

Some people run loads, I say experiment with your driving style.

As a rule, the more camber you roll on, the sharper the turn in will be.

Horses for courses, init.

And a big ol' drift beemer? There's loads of people use 'em, so they can't be that bad.

Or have I run into some Jap spec drift purists here?

As far as I can make out, there's no such thing as 'too big and heavy to drift'.

When I was a tyre fitter, I used to use a LWB HiTop Mercedes Sprinter van, and I used to drift that a pearler in the wet (once managed 3 laps of a big roundabout in Peterborough without going forwards, w00t!)... but I must say, I wasn't brave enough to go for a proper drift in the dry, in case it went over!

And I only got told off once by my boss for doing it (his father watched me slithering around a roundabout....).

With enough practice, you can drift anything RWD. Seen the vids of the drift truck cab at Crail raceway? Class.

u really dont need front wheel camber and u really dont need back wheel camber unless if ur trying to get less grip. idk much about ur car but im pretty sure theres gonna b anti-skid in there so take out the fuses for that and it should make it way easier to drift

-3 degress front -0.5 degrees rear is a good drift set up. Almost completely back to front how a stock 325 lowered a bit will sit tbh.

Lol at a 325 being too big to drift. Chasers and soarers are fine though I guess?

The bigger the better eh? I've seen some truck drifting action in my time and that would dispell any size myths.

Weight and power matter more than size. Heavy cars drift more slowly generally speaking. The BMW 325s are excellent and you see quite a few in drift comps.;)