Car security?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How many of you have installed additional in car security? Have you done nay custom mods to make the car harder to break into?

The best security device i have fitted on my car cost me £2.99 to make. all you need is a plug of the end of a 12volt lead light

all i done was cut the main live wire under the dash board and wire it through the cig lighter put one side of wire onto the live and the other side onto the earth side of cig ligher just make sure it is not earthing out on the car. on newer cars this is ok as most of them are set into plastic on older cars just mount it on rubber. then all you do is take the bullet conector and solder a heavy wire between the live and the earth. then when you plug it into the cig lighter you make a connection when you pull it out there is a break in the wire. the only thing it dont do is the lights as most of these are on a seperate loom. and how many car are going around with the cig lighter missing

Just use the factory immobiliser and alarm in my case. Let's face it - remapping an ECU and leaving everything else bog standard hardly attracts thieves or joyriders.

i know of one who went quite wappy, he has an astra coupe and the windows are layered with an anti shatter film. if anyone nudges the car it goes wappy, if the door is forced pen nothing works as the brakes seize if it is jacked it does the same and so on.

safe to say it wont be nicked.

as for myself, someone tried to break into my car so i'd remove the locks to avoid tis recurring.