Torque Cars

car repair bills

Discussion in 'General car Chat' started by obi_waynne, 14 August 2008.

1. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    What is the biggest unexpected car repair bill you have had?

I was in a garage the other day and they were telling a guy on the phone that his £400 clutch job was actually now a £2000 gearbox replacement. (This was for a second hand gearbox - I think the mercedes badge puts the price up!):confused:

I would be mortified if that was my car! I had an unexpected bill of £500 for some MOT work on one of my older cars a few years back. What bills have crept up on you though?

2. Prince

Prince Torque King

Northampton, England
    Car:
    BMW E36 318is Coupe
    Nothing really, apart from a few punctured tires! I suppose I've been lucky so far.

3. nseries

nseries Tuner

Brunei
    Car:
    Lancer GLX 95
    Just got replaced new timing belt,engine mounting,oil seal rubber(upper and lower engine),clutch lining,alternator ,cleaning and serviced cost me around S$800.Bloddy expensive for an old car!

4. lutonmatt

lutonmatt The Torque Meister

chatham kent
    Car:
    82 trans am kitt
    none as i do all my own at work
    never paided for a mot or never will all the time i am a mot tester
    and all mine have passed for some reason

5. HDi fun

HDi fun TC ModFather

Buckinghamshire UK
    Car:
    Passat 2.0 TDi
    DMFs and FAPs are pricey items.

6. pgarner

pgarner TC ModFather Moderator

Lockerbie, SW Scotland
    Car:
    Octy smoke machine
    £307 water pump and all the trimmings,

lutnmatt - are you aloud to test your own car ? i woudnt have thought you were aloud to, but it would be alright if you got someone else at the same garage to do the work