car lighting, internal external

puntoD

Torque Junkie
Car
mk II Punto 1.9
just ordered, some blue led screen wash jet covers, they come with the 2 simple, live red and earth black wires, how can wire these to my car, using a switch, thanks

run wire from ignition ( this way you cant accidental leave them on ) or lights to the switch on the supply side.

run a wire from the load side of the switch through the firewall to the live wires.
run the black wires to an earth point - bolt etc.

option 2 chuck them in the bin or sell them on ebay. chavvy in my eyes

ok right so, connect the live to the side lights and then earth the black wire? or wire them to and actual wire in the ignition

sorted cheers mate ill post some pics in the gallery sect when there done :)

sorry to be a ain and all, got the jet covers fitted and earthed, jsut ready to wire them to the side lights, but which onn is the live on side lights :s or how do i find out with out damaging the electronics of the car

unless you want to be pulled over by the police i would leave them off

any blue lights showing is a pull over and they are likey to find more bits to do you on

unless you want to be pulled over by the police i would leave them off

any blue lights showing is a pull over and they are likey to find more bits to do you on

I know, im wiring them to a switch, just need to know where to find the live

youll need a multimeter to find which wire is +ve. you need to run a wire from here through the bulkhead to the switch then another wire from the switch back to the LEDs.

other option is cut both wire and one will work and one wont. much easier to pay £10 for multimeter and find properly

rather than cut the wires you could use scotch locks although i dont like them and rather cut the wire twist and solder back together with heatshrink over the top

for now iv simply removed th side light bulb, cut the wire and attatched it to the bulb holster, when i get some solder etc il fix it up the propper way

You wouldn't of blown anything by just touching the wire to try and find the live. They won't blow anything. I had some a while ago and never ever got bothered by the Police. I never soldered either just wrapped the wire around and used insulation tape.