Car died!

Puntopimp

Track Warrior
Car
1.8 TDCI Ford S-Max
Hi gang been away for a while in work constantly and also in the garage a lot dealing with my 3 Series which I must break sad news has died! I had enough of the constant work needed doing (Gearbox went, ABS needed sorting, Wishbone on the front end, Both bushes were replaced) among other works.

But I have a new car but I am really unsure on what I can do with it as it is a 2007 Vauxhall Vectra.
10010241_449674065176830_4917520343392211558_o.jpg

All good drives like a dream get some 57 mpg on it whilst going like stink! got a 120 BHP engine!

But I desperately need to sort some ICE on it as it has no MP3/Ipod aux!

where is the best place to source all custom parts that will fit a specific car??

Attachments

• 10010241_449674065176830_4917520343392211558_o.jpg
    10010241_449674065176830_4917520343392211558_o.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 4
Sorry to hear the bad news about the BMW Nathan :sad2:

Is the stereo a double DIN unit in the Vectra? If so GM have a range of Pioneer and Alpine units that will utilise your steering wheel controls for the head unit.
The iPod and bluetooth is taken care of too, as is handsfree phone capabilities on some models I am lead to believe.

A mate of a friend uses these people for performance bits and bobs http://www.dcperformance.co.uk/performance/vauxhall/vectra.html

I wouldn't be surprised buddy as it goes properly quick! Wouldn't mind a remap but I hate the clutch and gear changes in the car it is properly clunky.

It has been well looked after I bought it off Avis for 4 grand who have been servicing it every 5000 miles and new tyres too.

Just need a new motor on the fuel cap which is free with the warranty.

Yeah it'll be full-can so you can put pretty much anything in there with the right adaptor.

I believe that the later 120s were actually detuned 150s and you can remap up to about 180, but I'm not 100% certain. I remember reading that early 120s were 16v and later were 8v but that sounds backwards.

Mine is the 1.9 CDTI Life 120 but will be interesting to see how much they are and what the results can produce

Sorry to hear the bad news about the BMW Nathan :sad2:

Is the stereo a double DIN unit in the Vectra? If so GM have a range of Pioneer and Alpine units that will utilise your steering wheel controls for the head unit.
The iPod and bluetooth is taken care of too, as is handsfree phone capabilities on some models I am lead to believe.

A mate of a friend uses these people for performance bits and bobs http://www.dcperformance.co.uk/performance/vauxhall/vectra.html

Yes it is Double-Din mate the only pain in the arse thing is the minimum price I have found so far is like 450 quid for a decent head unit!

Really would like to Carbon Wrap some of the interior as it looks really cheap with the plastic trim you know.

Carbon wrap is lovely stuff!

lol just spoke with a chap who does ECU Remaps he reckons he could Remap to 170 BHP whilst at the same time increasing the MPG to 65 Mpg on regular motorway driving. But before he charges for it he will take a look first. Said it will cost 250 + VAT

Hdi is pointing out the fact that torque is more important with regards to power than the BHP output.

Yeah well the torques are very nice in this car this is the reccomended stats I have been quoted for a improved remap

Vauxhall Vectra C
Original BHP Tuned BHP Original Torque Tuned Torque
Vauxhall Vectra C 1.9 CDTI 120
120 BHP 150 BHP 280 NM 335 NM

That is really nice I mean how do they work and how would they be applied inside a car?

Well the use is only limited by your imagination. As an example, my mate has used the tape as illumination under laser cut sills which have the manufacturers name on it i.e. Bentley gets cut out and the tape gets inserted underneath the sill and can change colour. It has also been used for roof lighting, glovebox illumination, carpet border enhancing, the list is endless.

I mean is it plugged into the mains or is it self powered? I would possibly go Tron and have it going along the roof of the car then down into the boot

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back