Car Carpet

Spedward

Wrench Pro
Car
Honda Accord 1999
Hi Everyone,

I am wondering if anyone has ever changed the carpet in their car - mine is a minging grey colour.

Is it easy.

How much does it cost?

Is there likely to be a local expert who would do it? and how would i find them in the yellow pages! I dont know what to search for!

Cheers guys

Thanks for your reply.

Can you actually dye a car carpet? How would you go about doing that?

If you can, then I would obviously dye it black - as this would clearly yield the best results.

If anyone knows any resources for dying carpets that would be great!

would be easier to take it right out. not surte about the carpet but but you should be able to dye it have seen plently of headliners that have been dyed

Se if there are any in a breakers yard with black carpets and then you can practice removing it. If that works ok you have a ready to fit carpet.

Do not use domestic carpet, they are totally different products. A cars needs to be flame retardent and able to mould to the chassis shape without sagging or flexing. Just hope that it hasn't been glued down or bonded.

Hi Everybody,

It was a couple of months ago since the last reply to this thread. Since then I have been very busy taking on board turbonutters suggestion of dying the carpet! (nobody sells oem replacement carpets for my car)

I bought 5 litres of black carpet dye off ebay (just type in "black car carpet dye") and a pump action spray bottle (from the same guys). I then removed my carpets, boot carpet and roof liner and sprayed them with two coats of the dye... they have come out amazing!

I am going to be re-fitting them this weekend. I will keep you posted on how they look once in the car and will hopefully get some photos up for you to see!