Can you remember????

turbonutter69

TC ModFather
Car
Insignia SRI.
The first ever modification that you did to a car or bike?
Doesn't have to be on your own car either, just the first mod you did.

I've always helped my dad with repairs to the family car.
Be it mechanical or bodywork I started pretty young.
But the first mod I ever carried out on my own was when I was 16.
My mate had a 1.1 Mk2 Fiesta.
A full day on my cousins driveway and we had the 1.1 out and a 1.6 Xr2 engine in without even the use of an engine hoist. :lol:

So what was your very first mod?

I think my first ever mod was a K&N pancake filter with a chrome finish on a Vauxhall Viva Bedford HA Van.
That's the old North Thames Gas van to the old folk out there! I thought it was the business at the time :embarrest:

Mine's got to be helping my dad on his old Triumph 2500 Fitting a new Exhaust and adding some old CD/MP3 Player to the car

First mod I did was swap the wings made from rust with ones made from real steel on my Metro, they were sealed with so much aircraft grade anti-corrosion paint & sealant that they probably out lived the rest of the car. :amuse:

A big bore exhaust and peco back box with chrome tail pipe on a mini van in 1980 it was noisey and went a lot slower than it sounded.It was cheeper than a stock one.Next was a set of dixie airhorns!.Must have annoyed the neighbourhood though !!,lol.

When you say bike I'm guessing you didn't mean push bike...But i built my own jump bike (like and offroad BMX) That was before I had chance to modify a car.

First mod on my Astra was removing the cone filter that the previous owner put on, smoothing the airbox and removing the restricters, and fitting a K&N filter. A pretty standard first mod.

First mod on the focus is here http://www.torquecars.com/forums/f111/focus-2-0-tdci-20384/

I remember installing an extractor exhaust system on a 1965 VW bug. Really added what felt like a ton of horsepower but was more like ten hp. The good old days

First mod (that I can remeber)

I had a 60s humber sceptre which had overdrive in 4th and 5th . I took the gearlever apart and did a bit of rewiring so it had overdrive in every gear.

It was in practise a completely uselss mod as it didnt help at all but at the time I thought it was the dongs danglies.

I can remember fitting mirror tint film to the rear windows of my '73 Marina van. Around the same time I sprayed the wheels and tried to fit some Alfasud seats and failed! I had just started my apprenticeship and thought I could do it all! That poor car didn't know what hit it, I was useless when it came to wiring, melted a few things! :amuse:

I stripped and resprayed my bike when I was young! I've also added mudflaps, speedo, lights and fancy cow horn handlebars to my bike.

First car mod was in my Rover 220 GTi with a sports exhaust and air filter.

I installed (very professionally) when I was about 6, multi coloured bits of card to the spokes on my bike. Oh the 70s :oops:

First car mod was probably fitting a Audioline radio cassette (with illuminated 5 band graphic equalizer) into the glove box of my Morris Marina as college was in the middle of Bournemouth and I didn't want people to see I had such a 'high end' piece of equipment.
Also fitted fake chrome exhaust tips to my Prelude:oops::oops:.V(