Can you/ is it worth upgrading diesel turbos?

Heres the price for a Q7 with all the optional extras

£126,095.00

Car

Engine

96,670.00 GBP V12 TDI quattro tiptronic 500 BHP
Combined fuel consumption: 25.0 mpg
Combined CO2 emissions: 298 g/km
Urban consumption: 19.0 mpg
Rural consumption: 30.3 mpg

Exterior

650.00 GBP Lava Grey, pearl effect

Interior

Material: Verano leather
upholstery: black
dashboard: black-black
carpet: black(velours)
headlining: pale grey

Equipment

Audi excl. forg. alum. alloy wheels, 10Jx21, 7 twin-spoke des., high-gloss pol., w. 295/35 R 21 tyr. (quattro GmbH)
1,300.00 GBP

Double glazing
525.00 GBP

Advanced leather package
3,800.00 GBP

Comfort seats for the 2nd row of seats; six seats, including 3rd row of seats
550.00 GBP

Manual blinds for rear window and rear door windows
205.00 GBP

Headlining in Audi exclusive black Alcantara with contrasting stitching in light grey
1,500.00 GBP

High-beam assistant
115.00 GBP

Panoramic glass roof
1,500.00 GBP

Towing bracket, electric
850.00 GBP

Rails system with load-securing set
200.00 GBP

Ski / snowboard bag
150.00 GBP

Four-zone automatic air conditioning
550.00 GBP

Non-smoking package
0.00 GBP

Garage door opener (HomeLink)
175.00 GBP

Audi exclusive cooler box
1,300.00 GBP

Leather-covered multifunction steering wheel, 4-spoke, with gearshift function, heated
50.00 GBP

Audi side assist and Audi lane assist

Steering wheel, electrically adjustable in height and reach
300.00 GBP

Front seats, electrically adjustable with memory function
450.00 GBP

Exterior mirrors, heated, with automatic anti-glare action, electrically folding with memory function
-.--

Parking aid advanced
375.00 GBP

adaptive cruise control
1,100.00 GBP

Comfort key
955.00 GBP

Rear side airbag system
250.00 GBP

Audi Bluetooth car phone with cordless handset in the centre armrest
700.00 GBP

Bang & Olufsen Advanced Sound System
3,925.00 GBP

TV reception, analog/digital, and digital radio reception (DAB)
1,150.00 GBP

Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE) plus (quattro GmbH)
4,200.00 GBP

Audi music interface
250.00 GBP

2 year warranty extension
1,310.00 GBP

Basic RRP: 96,670.00 GBP Equipment 28,385.00 GBP

tis also the one that as standard, bar a bigger towbar, towed a boeing across the runway to show what it was capable of.
also shares the same engine with the R10 race car

I only said design. The chance of me building it are effectively nil. My mechanical efforts stop at replacing an air filter or pollen filter element.

I did do my own work once upon a time but that all stopped years ago.

Then my eyesight started to deteriorate so I cut that out as well. ;)

haha ill give you a help with the designs then we can go splits on all the money we will make

my design is

/ or do you want \ instead ;)

In a recent road test in an Australian Motoring magazine the V12 q7 run a 13.6 1/4 mile @ 108 mph 0-60mph 5.2 sec with 2 passengers on board & less than 3000km on the speedo. Red line is 4800rpm although its limiter is set @ 4600rpm & its theoretical top speed is 170-5mph @ 4600rpm with speed limter removed. & Yes is got into the low 10Liters/100km sittin on 70mph. Imagine a chiptune exhaust etc. This is a 2600Kg vehicle in weight & scares SRT8 Hemi 300c over a quarter. Imagine the motor in A4 Sedan or the Killa looking S5 Coupe

welcome to the forum dude,

audi put this engine in a concept r8 as well, i don't think they are ever going to make it but if they did and i had the money, I would buy it definitely

also something to add this is the engine they use in the leman racer, and in that car it chucks out over 800 lbft torque, thats enough to pull the earth out of orbit of the sun!!

Last edited:
yes the R8 concept is only that for now because that cars chassis is so well balanced as a supercar and that V12 Diesel is quite alot heavier that the V8 or V10 so the cars sweet handling would of been severely compromised

Indeed, it adds around 100 kg the overall weight of the car, but i'm sure that audi wil be able to work around this and also they need a new gearbox for it because the one it currently has isn't up for the jo of transmitting the torque, i think they have been looking into using a dsg box, i reckon the one from the veyron would work quite well as it has more torque than the diesel so it can cope

also for the a8 that is a quick time but i'd still love to have that big v12 in there, I think it would suit the car quite well

Hey mate..
Got my Range Rover Sport Remapped, went from 190 BHP to 230 and got better economy as well,, Do it !!!!!!

It's actually silly not to remap a Turbo Diesel. You get more economy *(usually) more Torque and loads more driving flexibility.

V12 TDI with a remap gives absolutely insane levels of Torque.

hola como estas, tengo un motor nissan qd32t dentro de una chevrolet k5 blazer 1982, cuenta con una caja de 5 velocidades de nissan patrol y61 y juego de diferenciales de 4.88, llanta 33 "rin 15, mi motor es turbo y cuenta con bomba de inyeccion mecanica de nissan td27 de alta presion, quiero mejorar el rendimiento de mi motor y poder sacar muchisomos mas caballos de fuerza, me gustaria por favor que me indicaran que kit me recomiendan o que turbo, o modificaciones me recomiendan para aumentar la potencia de mi motor, muchisimas gracias, espero su respuesta

Sí, mis padres tienen un Land Rover Discovery 3 con el mismo motor 2.7 TD
y sigo diciéndoles que lo hagan.
hola como estas, tengo un motor nissan qd32t dentro de una chevrolet k5 blazer 1982, cuenta con una caja de 5 velocidades de nissan patrol y61 y juego de diferenciales de 4.88, llanta 33 "rin 15, mi motor es turbo y cuenta con bomba de inyeccion mecanica de nissan td27 de alta presion, quiero mejorar el rendimiento de mi motor y poder sacar muchisomos mas caballos de fuerza, me gustaria por favor que me indicaran que kit me recomiendan o que turbo, o modificaciones me recomiendan para aumentar la potencia de mi motor, muchisimas gracias, espero su respuesta

Hi there mate,
I ran what you've said through google translate and I got the "jist" of what you've said.
It really depends on what you're using it for really,
If offroading is your thing then a VNT turbo of sorts would probably suit you well.
As for the extra fuelling... again I'd need to see what pump it has on it, there typically 2 types "inline" and "distributor"/"rotary" are the most common usually manufactured by Bosch or Lucas.
An educated guess, I would say you probably have a Bosch (made under license by Denso like most Japanese diesels did back then) distributor type pump (Bosch VE) really easy to tweak but not infinitely adjustable because there will come a point where it wont supply enough fuel and that's when swapping and changing internals will be needed... (a whole other topic)

Hope this helps.
JJ

Hola amigo, entonces me dices que está bien colocar un turbo de geometría variable, exactamente mi auto va a ser para todoterreno, no tengo componentes electrónicos ni en la bomba de inyección ni con ecu, que turbo me recomiendas que me puede dar mas poder