Can you help in identifying this speedo?

I haven't seen one since I was a kid but I feel like it could be a Moggy Minor one? I know I've seen that kind of speedo with the little lights in it on something.

I will offer up two possibilities: a Vauxhall Viva Bedford HA van (small gas board vehicle) from the middle 80's and a Triumph Herald 1256 from the late 70's. Both vehicles were owned by my dad and the speedo does look very familiar.

Good luck with the search OG.

I will offer up two possibilities: a Vauxhall Viva Bedford HA van (small gas board vehicle) from the middle 80's and a Triumph Herald 1256 from the late 70's. Both vehicles were owned by my dad and the speedo does look very familiar.

Good luck with the search OG.

Nop, neither of them.

Does it have any letters on back? If so, you may try google those letters. Other then that I can't be of much help here.

P.S. First asociation when I read the topic title was: "Why would he boter with swiming wear - Speedo!?" :lol: :lol:

My best guess would be an early Sherpa van although I think they go up to 90mph, so maby some sort of BMC van J2/J4.

This is a sherpa one:

speedo-1.jpg

Last edited:
That's very close, CM. I will check out the BMC vans. I owned a J2 35 years ago, but just can't quite remember the speedo :)

Update:
Found one photo of a J2 speedo, went up to 65, so it looks lke it is probably from one of these vans.

Last edited:
Does look to be a BMC/Austin Morris type. Similar to one I had in my Marina Van some 30 years ago!