Can you find your car???

BAD63R

Authorised Trader
Car
MG TF135
I'm sure by now there has been a few people check out Google Maps lately (not Google Earth). Well if you haven't as yet, go and check it out and see if you can find your motor ;)

I followed the black Google Astra through a local industrial estate and then passed him which actually has a better shot. It was done at the time I had my Vectra GSi (my last car).

Here I am lol:-

googlemapme22.jpg

So go and check it out and get a screen dump up. There is a full screen button on the top right of the picture for a better screen dump ;) Dont worry about street names, number plates etc. Pretty much all are blurred out by Google ;)

Last edited:
What you do is find you street using the normal arial view. Then click and drag the little yellow man on the left, to right outside or next to your car, let it refresh the screen then you should be in street view. But if you can get it to work still, send me a PM with your car model and colour so i know what to look for and give me your postcode of where your car is and i'll put it up for you ;) Remeber to use Google Maps, not Google Earth. Earth is quite rubbish in comparison to quality of the shots. It's also world wide ;)

Found mine. Its the 307 in the car park, totally standard so must have been a while ago. The greenish corsa next to it is my bros

What you do is find you street using the normal arial view. Then click and drag the little yellow man on the left, to right outside or next to your car, let it refresh the screen then you should be in street view. But if you can get it to work still, send me a PM with your car model and colour so i know what to look for and give me your postcode of where your car is and i'll put it up for you ;) Remeber to use Google Maps, not Google Earth. Earth is quite rubbish in comparison to quality of the shots. It's also world wide ;)

well it turns out when google where doing this my road was shut for new water mains:sad2:
road1Large.jpg

roadLarge.jpg

but i did find a pic of a mg svr in the local garage
icon6.gif
bit of a crap pic but still
icon6.gif

mgsvrLarge.jpg

this is what it looks like in real life
car_photo_18869_7.jpg

and a pic of the owners flip paint mg (75 equivalent?) v8
icon6.gif

mgv8Large.jpg

very fun I found my car from about 3 years ago I tried my current place, then my old place, then I tried the KU campus. and BING!

Attachments

• found car.jpg
    found car.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 1
tryed to look for mine at work but i see teh van go past the garage but have cut out the high street on the map so i cant look in the grage to see what car i had at the time

Can't find mine :(

Tried at my current place, old place, parents place etc etc - It appears it managed to miss the Google van every single time!

Hey hey well done. Seems to be quite rare for people to be spotted on the road. None of my mates have been snapped on the road, just at work or home mainly. But it's all good fun.