Can Not Get Alloys Off

BubberDan

Car
pug 106 XSi
i can not get the alloys wheels off ive checked the unlocking nut and 2 of the pins have snapped off by the previous ower and now i can not get them off and fix my rear brakes. ive foned pug up to find out bout a new 1 and it would cost me £35 and take up to 4weeks as it comes from france and i need to get it in for a MOT by nxt wk! any ideas?

Try the breakers yard. I wouldn't mind betting that your local tyre fitters can get them off for you. Take some new locking nuts with you though and then put these on. It is also possible to make up a lock yourself with a few nails a drill and a big bolt/nut;)

the best way to get a locking nut of without the proper tool is get a socket that is close to the size you need then hammer it on really tight then use a lever (a long bar to help) me personally i use the bar from my trolley jack and if the socket splits hammer it so the crack is close together then stick a zip tie round it then do the next locking nut (believe me the zip tie will hold :bigsmile:)
hope this make sense mate????

I second what herb says

I used a Draper socket bought from a local shop for £2.50, hammered it on and then used a lever to get it off

Was quite amusing, because the socket was stronger than the wheel nuts, so I could use the socket again :D

Or just pop down to your local tyre dealers and they should have a proper socket for the job. We have a Snap-on set of sockets, there's four i think, which are designed for that specific task, most tyre fitting shops have similar stuff.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back