Can i get some advice

blueo123

hey, recently bought a mark 3 clio, dynamique and im looking to get the standard clio sport kit for it. Anyone recommend a place to get one?

Do you mean suspension mods or styling parts only? The local scrappy is usually a good first port of call.

im just looking to get the body work really. But thats a good idea. Even if i have to buy the parts off different cars it should work it quite cheap really.

I always use the scrap yards first. Then pay retail when I really have to a lot of modded cars end up in the scrapyard so there are bargain parts to be had.

at nine in the morning, enthusiasts from all around gather like vultures at the haven that is...the breakers and salvage yard.....

i too search the scarp yards.

but the guys that work at these places are Soo laid back its frustrating :x sometimes. (& if you dont know a spanner from a wheel brace then you'll get left until last, as we walk past you)

BUT i recently found this, and tried it out for a new Propshaft
its a GODSEND :D
https://www.partsgateway.co.uk/
put your car in there, tell them what you want, and they will check with the relevent Scap Merchants for your motor, and they will email you with quotes. they are VERY competitive, and offer to post at reasonable rates if your too far to collect.
So i ended up paying only £70, for what should have cost me £370+VAT, for a part that was on Back order from germany!

One company even had a computer phone my mobile to give me a voice message. :shock:
And its all free to the joe public.
Very impressive, and highly reccomended.
Although, i'm not sure they will be fantastic with modified bits, you will definately save time compared to ringing just one scappy.