Can I fit a turbo in my car?

Derpavid

Car
Toyota Camry S 2015
I am 100% new to this car modifying community and I want to learn. I am currently driving a Camry SE 15 and want to have fun with it.

My question is can I fit a turbo in the car? I’ve been looking up turbos and there seem to be specific ones for specific cars; however, when I try to look one up for my car, there seems to be none lol. My guess is that since it’s an economic car, no one really does turbo for it.

It is indeed a four cylinder but I’ve seen some four cylinder cars have turbo. I recently looked up whether a turbo fit in any car, and the results came out looking like a yes but I would need to make adjustments to whatever is inside my engine bay.

I am still learning but looking up google will not always help so I want to hear directly from car lovers.

originally, I wanted a sport car (370Z) and start modifying it but since I drive so much for work, it would have no daily purpose and lose its value by a lot (mileage, tear).

feel free to bash me or whatever since I don’t know anything lol. Just a person who likes to learn.

edit:i probably did answer my question above with the quote from google, but still want to know.

Hello and welcome.
The short answer to the question, "can I fit a turbo?" is yes.
The longer answer is yes, but not likely in that car without a lot of other work.

A lot of work.

Seriously large amounts of work.

Don't let that put you off, if you have the money (it's expensive), time and will, anything can be accomplished.

Last edited:
Just quickly, here's a few things you'll need to work on:
Engine strengthening - more power is more pressure and you don't want to blow up your block. This involves rods, pins, head, gaskets, nearly everything.
Injectors - more air needs more fuel in the chamber.
Fuel pump and lines - get that fuel to the injectors.
Exhaust manifold and pipes - get the gas out and spinning the turbo wheel.
ECU remap - if your OE can be remapped then happy days, else you'll need a piggy back ECU to control boost, fuelling, timing etc.
There's more. But that's all off the top of my head.

It might be better to start with a car that has a turbo model in the lineup. Getting parts will be easier.

Anything is possible but engine swaps are generally easier than adding a turbo to a NASP engine.

There are some great Toyota engines out there. You could run a fairly low boost on the stock engine, if you get the mapping and timing spot on, but ideally you should lower the compression ratio. Fuel delivery will also need to be upgraded.

The OP has come back to visit but not post, have you thought more on this project?