Can a Toyota MR2 2000+ last until 300k miles?

johnnxiv

Wrench Pro
Car
Corolla 1990
I'm in love with MR2 2000+ models. Most of the cars for sale is above 150k miles. So I afraid it will break down. Is there a possible way to keep it run to 300k miles like engine swap or something.

Last edited:
I'm in love with MR2 2000+ models. Most of the cars for sale is above 150k miles. So I afraid it will break down. Is there a possible way to keep it run to 300k miles like engine swap or something.

If my wife was driving it would last 5 million miles as 50mph is her top wack if i was driving a new engine every 30k would be a minimum requirement :bigsmile:. All cars break down im afraid its what they do.

As long as you look after it and treat it with respect then 150K is nothing for a car. A mate of mine has a 230k Golf cabriolet and he has had it since new. It is well loved and has proven to be pretty reliable as he does not skimp on service intervals.

Im a poor student and I love MR2 so much because it is so rare. I want to keep it as long as possible even if one day I become rich, I will want to drive it around and pp may not know what car it is.

Just get one in good nick service it properly and regularly, drive it properly and you'll be fine. Seen a lot of MR2 's for sale here in Ozzy with well over 250 000 k's and all in running order.

As long as it's been looked after and has had oil changes you should be fine and have no worries. Walk away if there is no evidence of any care or servicing carried out.

Cam I add an engine of another car to an Mr2 +2000 models? like camry?

Is there a website to find out which engine capable to swap to Mr2?

The various forums are a great place to look for engine swap inspiration. The engine bay mounts in the MR2 can present a challenge but swaps are still possible. A turbo celica engine would be an awesome conversion.