Camshaft

grozni

Hi everyone,

can someone tell me please, I own 206 with 1.4l engine and 75KS. Can camshaft be changed with some sport version anyway with better version? Where can that be ordered in Europe? Thanks in advice

Upgrading to fast-road cams should see a significant power incrase quite far up the RPM scale but might leave you with a lumpy idle becuase the inlet and exhuast valves will be open at the same time for a longer period.. But you probably already knew that!

I'm not too sure about a 1.4 but I've read somewhere about only upgrading the inlet camshaft on a 206GTi.. But this is on a Saxo website so who knows!..

On the Citroen scene, Kent and Piper cam kits are most popular, but it might be worth checking some of the Pug Sport sites..

Does your 206 have any other mods at the minute? If not, you might be better of starting off with some breathing mods for the car.. Unless of course your car already needs some work doing and you can just get the mechanic to 'chuck' some new cams in while hes at it! :lol:

About mods, completely changed exhaust, K&N Air filter. I started from cheaper parts, I mean I know this is 1.4l engine but if there is some sport camshaft out there it would be great. Next I will put chip 5-8HP but it is expnsive here, I don't know where to try finding that in UK, I tried on ebay nothing....can you tell me what can I changed next in your pesronal opinion? What would you change?

I founded that Kent PT41 supersport is for 1.4l engine. I founded only on larkspeed.com for 199GBP. If someone finds somewhare else let me know...

£200 sounds pretty reasonable.. Is that just the camshafts or the new rocker arm springs aswell, etc. (cam kit) ?

Personally I would go for a stainless steel manifold first.. But fast-raod cams are good too.. Wait till you have both of these before you get anything done to your ECU.. Aviod getting one of these 'piggyback' chips, better off to get someone who can completely re-map your ECU, taking into account your mods.

What K&N filter are you using?

Is the exhaust system de-cat?

Freddie said:
£200 sounds pretty reasonable.. Is that just the camshafts or the new rocker arm springs aswell, etc. (cam kit) ?

Personally I would go for a stainless steel manifold first.. But fast-raod cams are good too.. Wait till you have both of these before you get anything done to your ECU.. Aviod getting one of these 'piggyback' chips, better off to get someone who can completely re-map your ECU, taking into account your mods.

What K&N filter are you using?

Is the exhaust system de-cat?

Unfortunaly that was just single camshaft but it is the best from Kent for my car. I was thinking about piggyback, thanks for pointing that. I'm whole new in this world of tuning, as you guess by now :D I will then re-map here, can you tell me in Europe who can do good ECU re-map, I will contact them asking for price. About K&N I putted K57i kit, sounds great. Is the exhaust system de-cat, I don't understand this, can you explain? Are you asking me did I get rid of catalysator?

Where abouts in Europe are you based?

I'm not familiar with the model of K&N, is it an enclosed or open-air induction?

grozni said:
Are you asking me did I get rid of catalysator?

Thats what a De-Cat exhaust is, yes.

Freddie said:
Where abouts in Europe are you based?

I'm not familiar with the model of K&N, is it an enclosed or open-air induction?

Thats what a De-Cat exhaust is, yes.

I'm from Serbia&Montenegro, K&N is open-air induction, looks like this one

http://cgi.ebay.de/k-n-sportluftfil...ryZ44195QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

About catalysator, no I didn't take it off, people from peugeot said not to do that, it has 2 catalysators, don't ask me where is other one :D They told me that ECU can report error, and I could have hedache cos' of that. It can be done, ECU can be tricked but I don't want to mess with that. After all I quite satisfied with sound, I think I if I take out catalysator it would be to loud for my taste....

Bigger engine time!

If you were to take the Cat off you would have much beter throttle response and the car would rev more freely as there is less back pressure, you can get a sports cat but then the money on that could of been spent on the straight pipe and ecu trickery.
Remeber that the higher the litter engine the better response to modifications, so you might see a couple BHP from the sporty sounding exhaust on your 1.4 (and a really rubbish torque peak, so bad for if there is weight on the car) in a 1.6 (16 Valve is good if you can afford insurance) or 1.8 (pick up from an engine refurbishment garage or ebay) you will see much better gains from the cheap mods. Try the BHP calculator
http://www.torquecars.co.uk/Tuning/engine-mods-power-gain-calculator.php
for your car, you can get the BHP of your car from http://www.bosal.com/ select your langauge then country, search for under exhaust for your car model and when you have found the right system on the right hand side will be BHP/Kw.
The gasket has gone on my 1.4 Aztec Si so i will be either sticking a Mk2 quicksilver engine in for economy or a mk2 VTR engine for modability!
Freddy i phoned up PUGsport or whatever the pikeys are and someone tryed to flog me an XR2 engine (1.6) fitted to my car they would charge 700 plus VAT, they would also if i wanted do the head for 450 which isnt bad, but i think ill prob do the quicksilver engine as its a straight swap at a good price, plus i will learn something!
Ring me up for a chat, lots to be said about the piece of *beep* PUG.

Some good points there Nick..

One thing which I forgot to mention before.. The cheapest and quite effective mod.. Strip out your car! Pull out all the unessassary (sp?) wheighty items such as door lining and sound proofing, carpets, rear seats! You can take this as far as you want.. Some people even take out the dash!

Just depends on how practical you want the car to be! Worth keeping all these items stored away incase you want to sell the car in the future..

I will give you a bell some time nick.. Sounds like you got some big plans coming up and I'd like to be a part of them if I can help (or stand around watching), becuase it's always fun to learn something new!

Maybe at the end I take off cat, who knows. Thanks for tips anyway, about car stripping thanks for suggestion but I will not touch interior :D If I take off cat, I will probably go for Supersprint Full exhaust, anyway I'm still in a search for camshaft, I will definately go with Kent, Kent PT41 KIT. Just camshaft cost 200GBP, I don't know how it goes with export cos' my country is not part of EU. I will contact store directly if I find better price of 300GBP for kit and see export details. So I can't wait for a camshaft, next is ECU remaping and that who knows, de-cat maybe, and supersprint in same package

have you tryed pugproformance??? they got loads of options why not get a better ecu and chip together get a realy smooth incress and incress the low end rpm with a boost vavle

adz peace