camshaft , piston , stock ECU (TU5JP4) ?

7thking

Wrench Pro
Car
Mazda 323 1.6 ZM-DE
hi guys

i wanna know if i can put high compression pistons and a 286 degree camshaft into my TU5JP4 without any ECU modification ?

Thanks

Unfortunately no you can't, the standard ecu would need remapping to cope with the extra fueling, the heads on those engines are quite restrictive as well so if you are fitting a 286 cam then get the head ported by a professional else the cam benefits will be wasted,

thank u so much jarrus

so i have to use adjustable ECU ?
and if i use a 274 in/ex deg with 10.92 lift in/ex OR 264in/260ex with 10.06in/9.ex lift , i have to port polish too ?

thank u again

Yes, you really should get the head ported, they have restricted them for fuel economy and emissions, you could use the standard ecu and get it remapped but it is best to go for a full standalone job for something like that, and if you were feeling really adventurous you could take the bin the dizzy and coilpack and put a more modern wasted spark system in, which will get you a more reliable spark and you should be able to have bigger plug gaps, maybe you could use the coils off the gti6 engine (one per cylinder) and use the signal from the CPS, and for that you would definately need to go standalone, Motec are supposed to be the market leaders, however pug/citoren tuners tend to use ether emerald or dta due to the value for money aspect