Camshaft and ECU for my 206 1.6 engine !

Piper do good cams for PSA cars,

is it the 16v or the 8v?

if it's the 8v is it a black top or silver top?

as for the ECU, it comes down to personal choice and finding a person able to map it,

if your going to run the stand throttle and manifold then I would get the stand ECU mapped but if you wanted to run ITB's then you would need to get an aftermarket ECU and have it mapped alpha n style,

I just posted on your turbo thread, I'd go with one or the other chap ;)

thank u guys

mine is a 1.6 16v 110HP stock ( TU5JP4 )
i have got installed an ex manifold and a muffler .
i wan to go around the city...
i want to use Throttle ,
so 292 deg cam from piper (SAX16BP320) would be ok or not ?
i found KMS MP25 ECU and KMS 45 Throttle here in iran, R these things OK ?
which Volume Injectors i have to choose ?
how much i can rise my compression ?

sorry for asking toooooo much i have no experience in 206 , i have just worked on my festiva with the miata BP engine before , and im new on 206

Last edited by a moderator:
those engines do respond well to tuning cams and the like but to be honest if you want big power then turbo is the way to go,

292 cams are fairly wild, how strict are emissions laws in iran?

thanks u so much Jarrus

there R many laws here in iran but no one checking :)))
what u mean by fairly wild , it means that i cant use my car round the city and it works roughly ?
so the 284 Deg (SAX16BP300 ) would be ok ?
and i want to turbo charged it so i wanna know that cant turbocharged it with a performance camshaft ?

Ragards
Arash

292 deg cams are getting on for rally/race cams and your car will be a pig to drive in towns as all the low down power will have disappeared, 285's are probebly the most you can get away with really, but they are too much on a turbo engine due the fact that there will be too much valve overlap and all the turbo boost pressure will just get blowen straight back out the engine, i wouldn't go for more than 270's on a turbo engine plus you will need stronger valve springs

thanks u jarrus that was a good trick

so i have to use SAX16PB285H 264 in and 260 ex
and im going to port polish and make bigger ports and fit the citroen Xantia 2.0Liter Vavle on my TU5JP4 Head , would it be ok with Turbo ?
and which of these turbo chargers would be ok with my eng size Garret GT2560R or Garret GT2860R or bigger ?

how much power do you want?

and those cams should be fine, as for valves I wouldn't bother going larger at this stage unless you want mega amounts of power

but yeah turbo selection totally depends on what power you are aiming to achieve

i wan a 0-62 mph in nearly 5 Sec , so i think with 2300 lbs weight i need nearly 350 HP at least .
so which turbo is fine for me and u think i don need to make bigger ports ?
and i have to use forged piston and connecting or not ?

really ?!!

so how much power u think i can get with these parts :
a set of 45 Throttle Bodies
a set of 800 cc injectors
a muffler
port polishing and make bigger ports
a SAX16PB285H 264 intake and 260 exhaust camshaft
a Garret GT2860R Turbo
MSD high output blaster coil
VEMS ECU (DP)

????????

800cc injectors?!?!?!?
They will be far to big, 550cc will be more than enough, I guess you must have a shed load of money to go to all that trouble, I would say then the best way to get all the power you want is an engine transplant to a xu10j4rs if you can get one over there, and a supercharger, you can use standard cams and head and use forged low compression pistons, this will give 400 hp,
on the high boost http://www.lynxpowerengineering.co.uk/sc.aspx

also this conversion makes use of the oem magnetti merrelli ecu (for that engine) so it's probebly the most cost effective,

some to think about cause this kind of conversion hasn't been done on a 206 (gti6 supercharged)

what do you plan on doing with brakes and suspension? And the drive train?

Last edited:
throttle bodies and turbo ? any real point. surely the idea of the throttle bodies is to get he air in as easily as possible. where as the turbo forces the air in. ether your going to have to house the bodies in a chamber or just have 1 cylinder feed from the turbo

even if you do that list as jarrus has said youve not mentioned anything about tyres, suspension, gearbox, clutch, lsd. so even if the 1.6 block could stand more than tripling its power youd burn out the clutch in no time, probably wreak the gearbox and just have the wheels spinning all the time.
sure your speedo might end up showing 60 but youll not be doing it.

1) i can find a XU engine but i prefer to use mine its hard here iran to change your engine number in your car ID card and take a long time and process and u have to really dame and destroy your engine and show the dead engine to the police then they will let u change engine if police stop u and C different engine number your car will go to police station and .........
but i drive my festiva with miata engine for 1 years but no prob , my chance :D ( but i have to say my mind is busy now on your suggestion )

2) dear PGARNER for using Turbo with throttle u have to make and airbox then four throttle will connect too that airbox and turbo boost will connect to that box too . here are some pix for airbox on Mazda FE engine fitted in a mazda miata

3) did u 2 have any thing in mind how much power i can get with my 1.6 engine ?

im going to challenge with turbo charged golf MKII and 2WD Evo 3 and turbo toyota corolla in the Class B Drag racing in iran . i wan a QT under 12 , pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee HeLP .

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
It's a tall order this one. As far as fuelling goes you could run the stock injectors with a set of high flow ones alongside which only cut-in once the ECU instructs them to do so. That way you won't have to suffer poor running at low revs and low loads.

350bhp from a 1.6 is going to take some serious work. Is it actually possible to get the exhaust velocity and mass flow high enough to spin up a large turbocharger?

:sad2::(:sad2::(:sad2::(:sad2::(

So its like that i cant do drag racing with my 206 i have to work on my festiva for the race cause its a 6.5 sec car now with a mazda BP engine and 4 barrel weber carb and a set of high comp pistions and graffiti clutch and a light weight flywheel .

so how much power i can get with my 206 that is normal and not so hard to reach , how about this plan ? ? ? ?

VEMS ECU ( DP )

Piper Camshaft SAX16BP300H (3500-8000) 274in/274ex lift 10.92in/10.92ex

Wiseco Pistons WKE130M785 Compression 12.2:1

Wiseco Piston Rings W7850XX

KMS Throttle position sensor

KMS Single coil high energy

KMS Fuel injector set (x4) 480cc high impedance EV1

KMS WEBER TB.02.4545.I TwinBody Basic - Ø45

KMS MA.01.0001 inlet manifold billet

A properly mapped aftermarket ecu shouldn't idle rough at all,
it's only as good as the bloke who mapped it,

350 is possible on these but will cost loads mate, and your going to destroy some gearboxes in the process, i did some reaserch and you will need larger valves in the head, piper do some turbo cams that would fit the bill, and go for 42mm itbs, and something like gt 28 turbo, have you thought about a rotrex supercharger? it might be a bit kinder to your gearbox