Torque Cars

Calibra V6 owner dropping in to say Hi

Discussion in 'Calibra' started by calibrav6, 22 September 2008.

1. calibrav6

calibrav6 Full member

Orpington, Kent
    Car:
    3.2 V6 Calibra
    Re: How much have you spent modding your car?

Hi new to the site so this me very first post!

Spent thousands on my 3.2 V6 Calibra which i have owned for 2 years now.

Was a 2.5 V6 which i had an engine blow on me after 3mths so i purchased another one for parts!

I then had a gearbox blow so i decided to drop the subframe paint, uprate with powerflex bushes etc

Then i thought what the hell i may aswell go the full hog and change the gearbox to an F28 6 speed and get an engine conversion done to a 3.2.

Lots of work but its all paid off!

2. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Hi and welcome to TorqueCars. A 3.2 V6 and you still want more power! Thats the way it goes - they say that power corrupts.;)

Nice to have you along. I hope you'll post up some pics when you get to 10 posts I love to see our members projects. Got any pics in progress whilst you were doing it?

(I copied this to the say hello forum - you'll get seen more in here!)

3. calibrav6

calibrav6 Full member

Orpington, Kent
    Car:
    3.2 V6 Calibra
    Many thanks. I do have a few pictures of whilst i was doing it.

I did a step by step on my owners site then since got a new laptop but when i went to download me pictures from the thread the moderators had deleted them to clear memory for the servers to run effectively! :(

Im currently looking into getting the car supercharged.

This would include,

dropping the comp by around 1-2 compressions, looking around 15 psi

New pistons
    New Rods
    Larger injectors,/secondary
    maching a new bracket for supercharger
    Pipework
    Intercooler
    Map Sensor
    New Ecu i would run one of my own
    Blow off valve,
    Rolling Road

We may look at some flowing desgins in the head to create spiral effect,

Lots of calculations and design work, to much to list,!!! Thats alot to do there We may have to run a more efficent rad

How does this sound?

4. obi_waynne

obi_waynne Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Deal, Kent UK
    Car:
    A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
    Sounds fantastic to me. Do you know what the current C/R is of the engine? You could always rebore and fit a stroker kit to lower compression and increase capacity?

5. pgarner

pgarner TC ModFather Moderator

Lockerbie, SW Scotland
    Car:
    Octy smoke machine
    Hey and welcome V6

6. Prince

Prince Torque King

Northampton, England
    Car:
    BMW E36 318is Coupe
    Alright mate, welcome to the forum! Plans sound good mate. What are your current figures?

7. calibrav6

calibrav6 Full member

Orpington, Kent
    Car:
    3.2 V6 Calibra
    Thanks for your comments!

I am currently working on the mapping of the car as i was running on the original 2.5 ECU and obviousy was not getting the engines full potential of around 240-260BHP with all the mod taken into account etc.

I uprated the fuel pump and added an FSE boost valve but this led to it overfuelling massively which i had a rolling road session for to check but the power was dying at 4200 revs reaching 185BHP but only went up very slight from then.

I have now sorted the overfuelling and have managed to get my hands on a 3.0 superchipped ECU which i have not yet road tested as me clutch went LOL

Once it is done im going back on the dyno as from just starting the car up with the new ECU fitted you can hear the difference from the engine and the difference in exhaust gases passing through the exhaust (sound more beefy LOL) also more responsive on the gas when reving.
    If me clutch had not gone i would have more to report LOL

Be good if you could vote on me car!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3157867 :)

8. pgarner

pgarner TC ModFather Moderator

Lockerbie, SW Scotland
    Car:
    Octy smoke machine
    Car looks nice mate, youll need to get up to 10 posts before posting some better pics.

When you getting the clutch done, bet you cant wait to get out and see what a differnence the new ecu's like out on the road

9. calibrav6

calibrav6 Full member

Orpington, Kent
    Car:
    3.2 V6 Calibra
    Just waiting for the Sachs uprated clutch kit to come then me mate that owns a garage is doing it for £150 which is good being a V6 and having to drop the subframe to seperate the gearbox to fit!

10. enViSioN

enViSioN Tuner

San Jose, CA, USA
    Car:
    02 Accord Sedan EX
    Welcome to Torque Cars and hopefully I will learn something from you since I don't know mch about cars to comment xD