c70 ice

lutonmatt

The Torque Meister
Car
82 trans am kitt
hi all not sure if its the right place but it will do for now as its the vovlo bit
just got a 2000 c70 t5 lovey thing
some bits the cd player one that has a 3cd changer in it
it cant play copyed cds any one got round this i have heard of getting a 6cd changer for the boot am watching one on ebay but thats ends at the end of the week any more that will fit and maybe cheaper then the volvo one
and have a country cd in there at the mo as i like country but bought the new now 70 put it in there both cds would not play them but will play the country one every time and does not matter were it is
did get one of the now cds to work for a track then i got home wont play again

any thing one that

i dont want to get rid of the volvo radio as i like the sounds from it nice and loud and wont over do it

matt

Try using different CD rw's. I got some TDK Silver ones which play in most players. The blue/green only seem to work in modern CD's.

Your best bet is probaly just to get an ipod connection and use this. There is an Ipod to FM transmitter which your radio will tune into - its a good wire free solution.

The boot changes often have the same CDR limitations. Anything that can play MP3s will usually cope with most types of CDR.

sounds like your car only likes playing country music (just kidding:lol:)
have you tried cd laser cleaner in the changer it might just need a clean.

i have tryed 4 diff makes of cds cheap to dear none of them work
i have one of the fm mp3 players but it is rubbish i got it when i had the lexus but like the volvo there is so much metal and sound deading in it it was not very good

i have not cleaned the lens yet as i have a kit somewere but do you think i can find it might have to go down maplins tomorrow and get a new one

but i have read that the 6cd changers can play and cdr's so its worth a try just the volvo ones are dear

i will just have to keep the country in there its strange my mate put a drum and bass one in there it played one song well if you can call it that and did not work after that

but the country one plays all the time

if was you i would try to keep the volvo head unit and just get a compatable changer. i know in some of the C70's they had the dolby surround sound stereo and speakers as an option you may find out that is what you have in yours.
hope you get it sorted.

ya thats what i have in mine sounds very good thats why i want to keep it or it will be a lot of wiring to change it to a aftermarket one and still run the amp

but i like it so it will stay

i have just been in the loft and found some more country cd's out so will try them

Try the breakers yard - they often pull out old changers and CD players so it will save you some money.

well i think the car just likes country plays every country cd i have and abba

so i will be ok till i can find a changer

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back