C4 tuning

GTi94

Car
None
hi guys

I am 16 and I have always had a love of cars since I was very little. I will be starting to drive in the summer (applying for provisional in June) and I have been thinking about a first car. I found by looking online at some websites, that the C4 was within the sort of price I would be willing to pay, furthermore (IMO) it looks good, and is comfortable inside (I have been in a rented one) I looked online as well for bodykits and found some online (I would like my car to look good, but not be a "boyracer") I haven't had a look for tuning stuff yet, I was wondering, is the C4 a car that is easy to tune, and find parts for ? And which sort of model is the best to tune ? Diesel HDI's or Petrols ?

I know that I should lower the car to improve handling, and maybe get an ECU remap. But it's really acceleration that I would want to improve, thats the main thing for me, handling and acceleration.:)

What other cars would be easy to tune, and has good handling and acceleration (in your opinion) I have also been looking at the 206, 207, 307, Clio, Corsa, Polo. And C4. Any other suggestions ?

Thanks for all your advice :) (and yes I know my insurance will be expensive)

Hello.

Cos you're young your insurance wont like you doing performance mods, plus unless you're loaded you wont be able to afford to insure a car with an engine worth modding. However you're best off upgrading suspension and brakes first, and then the engine. Diesels are the easiest to get big power gains without anything more than a remap.

Yeah, I was weighing up my options.

1. Buy a cheap car, not very new, and just keep my money and wait for insurance premiums to go down in a few years.
2. Buy a nearly new car/newer car, and perform some cosmetic and suspension upgrades to it. Then maybe also perform a ECU remap aswell (I will tell the insurers that it is to improve MPG) then I can gradually upgrade it as the premiums go down.

A very small question, what is the best way to improve acceleration and reduce 0-60 times ? Using a SuperCharger ? Or something else ?
And would the 1.6HDi (turbo) be an ok choice ? I don't think I can get insured on the 2.0HDi at my age. Is it possible to replace the original turbos ? And would this make any difference ?