c2 help

andreason

Car
C2 VTR 1.6i 16v
Hi all :)

First my apologies if this subject has been covered and its being duplicated.

I have a C2 1.6 vtr 16v and I would like to slowly make upgrades to boost my bhp! I dont have a budget but i am sure i can slowly buy parts :)

I also want to add an AC unit to the car but I do not know where to get hold of parts for this.

Slowly I will build a computer system and touch screen with gps to add to my car... This will be at a later stage.....

Any help will be very much appreciated

Andreas

hey and welcome mate.
if you dont have a budget then what about getting another engine and building this outside the car ready to go in.

not sure how hard it will be to add AC to the car to be honest was it avalible as an optional extra ?

car pc - very easy to build mate. any questions ask away

hi pgarner

thank you for your reply. I would rather add mods to the engine prior to building another engine as i know very little about cars!!! :( I am slowly learning. I will take any advice give mate :) thank you

It was available as an extra option the AC but i didnt required it at the time as i lived in England. Now I moved to cyprus...its highly needed!!!

car pc...what do you recommend to use?

pc - stick to low power mini itx boards, theres no point going for 3ghz quad core as you will struggle to power them. my build is here i spend a bit of time doing some research 1st an only issue ive really had is the hard disc. im going to be putting a 2.5 IDE drive in place of the 3.5 Sata . laptop drives are generally more robust ad the IDE connector should stay in place.

was thinking about another engine simply because the 1.6 isnt going to give big gains without alot of work

hi mate

thank you for your help so far. I think I will start on interior then make my way exterior on my vtr! lol

How hard would it be to put in another engine? What does the whole process involve?

i think i understand!! :) thanks you

if i decided not to go down the engine replacement....what could I do to boost my bhp? probably nothing right? apart from a K n N?

no
decent air filter
exhaust manifold
decat - if you can get away with it in cyprus
cat back system
high lift cams
and a custom remap to take everything into account.
you might see 25-30bhp with those mods. after that you will need deep pockets and go high compression bigger valves etc or bolt on a superchager and run low boost.