bx tuning

drb666

Car
bx
i just bought a mk1 citroen bx to mod but im having trouble finding parts for it so i would be greatful for and links anyone could post thank you

Sorry mate I missed this post. Which engine does yours havea nd what sort of mods are you after?

You could get the standard cam ground down to a fast road profile. Suspension mods are generally tricky in the BX IMHO (I'd be interested to hear others responses to this.)

You could always do some radical weight reduction to it.

The Bxclub will be able to sort you out, if its the 16v engine that bx will be a proper hot hatch slayer, you see the bx is very light for its size, i think the gt and the valver are around 7-8 sec 0-60 stock which is highly respectable:D

D

I had a mk1 16rs model BX and it was quicker than my mates 205 gti 1.6, he hit the rev limiter, i left him with the sound of revs :lol: carbs, dont you just lov em :D:p

I had a mk1 16rs model BX and it was quicker than my mates 205 gti 1.6, he hit the rev limiter, i left him with the sound of revs :lol: carbs, dont you just lov em :D:p

i only have a 1.4 and my mate has a 205gti im not sure of the size and every time we race i win and today i just won against a megan i never seen the car before so i dont no what she had but i beat her aswell and her car was bout a 2000 model. what ever it races i win

What you want is a set of Koni Sports sphere's on that BX, if they still do them, then you can lower it on the height correctors, the cheapest and in many ways best suspension of most cars out there, no good on the road though ima if its lowered too much and over damped.

D

well tuning the engine... chipping a monopoint is kinda pointless, costs as much as a 1.6 8v engine..

get a head and ancilleries of pug 106 xsi or Ax Gti, will get you about 100 hp, if you have a carb, you could get intake manifold/ carb of AX GT for 85 hp or double carbs from AX sport or pug 205 rallye for about 100 hp.

If you really want more then this start looking for a different BX the MI16 engine..
stiffening up suspension would picking bx sport/MI16 spheres make sense...

stiffening up suspension would picking bx sport/MI16 spheres make sense...

Yes that would give you a higher rate of damping due to the smaller damper hole given to the 100bhp derv model and the gti's, lowering the gas pressure of a stock sphere would give you the feel of stiffer springs but to lower the car you would need the old Koni spheres, nothing amtex or citroen do could be modified without reasonable trouble to give enough damping to be able to bring the ride height down without ripping the ass out of the car.

And on the chipping front ive just got a new chip for my 2L XU turbo engine for £10 off the bay, its a bit savage with the ignition timing but i have a spare stock ecu and a hot one so its no problem, Obviously to have it done in this country it will be a reasonable wedge of cash but less hassle than an engine transplant, may as well just buy the Valver in the first place?

D

The Koni spheres sound good...

And well tuning the monopoint engine is not a reasonable option.

The 2.0 XU engine atleast got multipoint injection and wasted spark i suspect..

When you say you want to tune, what are you contemplating?

Making the car lighter is a cheap option

Also you can make the car noisier, pop on a K&N cone but for real performance you should at least go for the Big valve head and injection

follow this link for a nice readup on your engine

http://www.pumaracing.co.uk/TU3.htm

Hi BZ10 your post got stuck in the mod queue as you need to have 10 posts before you can upload pics or links mate.
I'll allowed it this time buddy. Have a wander round the forum and get posting you'll soon hit ten.;)

I guess this thread was dead already now i checked the first date of the question and lack of any reaction ...

I guess this thread was dead already now i checked the first date of the question and lack of any reaction ...

hiya BZ10 i just read through all you advise thank you ut i have since changed my mind on the bx im going to change the car

And well tuning the monopoint engine is not a reasonable option.

The 2.0 XU engine atleast got multipoint injection and wasted spark i suspect..

Didnt realise mono wass so hopeless, mind you ive only had carb or multi so its not something ive ever had to deal with.
And yes multi point with wasted spark on the bosch managment.

More details on the BX please if your selling it such as colour trim level etc, is it deffinatly MK1..............ive got a couple of 8 and 16v XU's looking for an interesting home:bigsmile:

D

hiya BZ10 i just read through all you advise thank you ut i have since changed my mind on the bx im going to change the car

Hi i hope you'll find a better candidate!

Didnt realise mono wass so hopeless, mind you ive only had carb or multi so its not something ive ever had to deal with.
And yes multi point with wasted spark on the bosch managment.

More details on the BX please if your selling it such as colour trim level etc, is it deffinatly MK1..............ive got a couple of 8 and 16v XU's looking for an interesting home:bigsmile:

D

well I think it is tunable, but I haven't heard/ read about any chips resulting in a reasonable power increase.

I think that searching a bigger throttle from a bigger monopoint engine should yield some extra HP as the carb AX GT had 85 hp with similar manifold and head. The big difference was the solex dual butterfly (not sure how this is called: first throttle plate opens first then the big one).

And when driving the 1.1 engine switching manifold, ecu and throttle/ injector has been said to give better performance...

As for swapping in other xu engines into the bx, I think that only the 2L turbo or 2.2 atmo would make cool swaps as the bx16v was already 160hp.
Also I guess that a bx with a xu already installed make for an easier swap..
mounting points tu and xu differ ...