Buying an ex driving school car

h2opete

Car
N/A
Thinking of buying an 04 Renalut Clio, expression dci, 1.5, diesel. It's an ex-driving school car, and it's done 150,000 miles. I can get it for £1000.

It's had another owner in between the driving school and me. And they are getting rid of the car for a legit reason.

I've heard different opinions do don't really know what to think. Some people say a driving school car will have been bashed around quite a bit, while others say the engine will have been hot all the time, the driving instructor wouldn't let the drivers bash it around THAT much (so it's not as bad as people often think), it will have been well maintained, etc.

It's done a lot of miles but I guess that's better in a diesel than a petrol.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to the site mate

at that millage id make sure the timing belt had been done at least once.
if its been well maintained the only other thing id be worried about would be the clutch with the newer learners.
the engine being hot all the time isnt a bad thing as long as the cooling system has been able to keep at a stable temp

As the car was an absolute essential part of the business it will have been maintained properly for sure if it was a large company.

so as long as its cheap enough id go for it ( if i wanted a deisel clio)

Thanks for the replies guys.

Probably also worth noting that it's had another owner since being with the driving school. Will edit that into the first post.

to me that makes a huge difference as he/she wont have the same need to maintain it the same way

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!
Good to have you along with us :)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back