Buy your parts NOW - prices will rise

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
There has literally never been a better time to buy car parts.

1) UK VAT rate is at 15% and will go back up to 17.5% sometime soon (December I think.)

2) Poor euro and dollar exchange rates have not yet filtered through. Companies are selling off their old stock at pre currancy exchange prices. When this glut is gone the prices are set to rise another 30% as the weak pound means suppliers pay more for their stock and pass this on to consumers.

3) Car part sales are still relatively quiet so there are lots of deals and bargains out there.

I expect exhausts, induction kits, oil and air filters and the like to cost nearly 40% in the not so distant future. Assuming you will be doing a service next year some time and will always use things like oil I would say if you can buy now then buy as much as you can.

Does anyone agree with my assesment? Anything to add here?

The £$ improved last week but it seems to be in decline again. Most of our car parts come from Europe though and 1e = £1 is a bit steep.

yup im booked into awesome in manchester for cruise control £115 all in should be £150 + vat same as the dealers - if they bother to check if it can be fitted.