Build my 206 for me... Part 2, exhaust and a hefty drop!!!

blacklineninja

Track Warrior
Not much in the way of exhaust systems for a sub 1.6 litre 206 is there? Plenty of back boxes, but for the full cat back jobbie on a 1.4 you're stuck with Jetex or Ashley. However the Ashley's not a bad price... anyone used their stuff before? Will it make me grin?

Plenty of choice with suspension. I've got my eye on the cheap as chips, TUV-approved V-Maxx coilover kit at Peugeot Ecosse. Has anyone driven about in a car with some of these fitted and are they any cop? I want something that'll sharpen the handling but still be comfortable enough to not have Mrs Blacklineninja ordering the OEM suspension back on.

Styling wise, I'm still not sure about the bumper. I defo want front and rear lights and I've got them picked out for when the wallet's full again (although after spending a large wedge to fix the rear brakes, that might be a while...) and I've got plans for the interior too. If anybody is thinking "hmmm, I'd like to give away some Recaro seats, for nothing" give me a bell...

There's a long queue for FREE recaro seats.

I think you will be pleasantly suprised with the new shocks. A friend had the Vmaxx on his golf (I think it was a golf) and really rated them. He didn't get much of a drop though as the current suspension was quite saggy.

Have you had a peek at the lights on www.carstylingtips.com that should give you a good idea of whats around. IMHO smoked lenses on the rear and round fronts on a black surround look the best.

The bigger the engine the better they are. Headers are the most important bit from what Ive read on here.

i had a difference wen i had mines done on the lude
prince has also felt a difference.

suppose it comes down to what you want. powerflow gave me all the options of bore sizes (i could pick a big one for noise or let them pick the best one for me) to have or not the mid section silencer and tail pipe disigns. suppose if you went in saying you wanted a really loud exhaust they'd put a large bore exhaust no silencer and as big tail pipe as they had

A friend with an XR2 used an Ashley exhaust and it had a good note. Not sure on power gains though, I'll ask him when I next see him.

Hows it going? Have you got any further with it yet?

Have a look at torquecars.potn.com for some bits, theres quite a few 206 options on there.

Hey Waynne,

I want to buy a new head unit today as it's pay day, I just need to know what accessories I need to fit it and make it work, I've started a new thread for help...

Would appereciate it if you'd get your friend's feedback on the Ashley, that'd be awesome. Other than that, I just need to same me some cash. And find some dirt cheap Recaros on ebay...

Hi mate, I spoke to him this weekend. He was very chuffed with it and really rated the noise it made. He did say it rattled a bit but that is probably down to the mounting of it rather than the exhaust. It also gave him better power throughout the rev range although that wasn't verified by a rolling road and I'm pretty sure he did some other mods around the same time;)

Hi ya mate

I've a 206 gti and i had a custom cat fitted on mine the other day cost £94 + £40 odd labour and vat in all £159 from longlife exhausts via a third party outlet. I spoke to the guy there and he said that I could have had the whole system (manifold, cat, mid section and back box) built for around £300 squid's. He said bigger the job the cheaper the cost, these people are situated all over the country. Hope this help's.