Broken mid-pipe?

wolfmankurd

Track Warrior
Car
Renault Clio 1.2
Hi guys had a bit of a rattle today when I went to check it out it looks like the pipe running under the car has broken off the back box? muffler? expansion chamber? section.
Not sure what any of it's called so here's a diagram.

brokenj.png

I'll take a picture if the description it vague.

Essentially I was wondering how much it'd cost to fix. Seems like just replacing the pipe and box bit. Would this be feasible? Would another approach be better?

Thanks in advance.

Boo that's a hassle ain't it! :(
If it's just the back box that's corroded & I suspect it has then you might get away with replacing just the box, but if you take the car into a shop to get the box replaced be prepared for the guy to poke holes in the rest of the system.

Cost is a bit hard to say becuase it vary's so much from car to car, your best bet is to phone round tbh. :amuse:

Sorry, just realised what car you have, is it the post face lift 106?

http://www.thepeugeotshop.co.uk/pro...ft_(S2_1996_-_)_Exhaust_Tail_Pipe_1730Y3-1490

Last edited:
IF the exhaust is leaking then it won't pass an MoT. Nor will a corroded one.

There is a MoT rule that says the system must be securely fixed to the car. This is open to interpretation. If the exhaust is secured to the car in 11 places, then if one of these has failed but the other 10 are sufficient to hold it securely in place then it should not fail the MoT in my opinion.

Peugeot exhausts aren't outrageously priced. Try a dealer. You might be surprised.

Thanks guys.

Boo that's a hassle ain't it! :(
Sorry, just realised what car you have, is it the post face lift 106?

http://www.thepeugeotshop.co.uk/product/106_-_1.1_Petrol_Engine_-Facelift_(S2_1996_-_)_Exhaust_Tail_Pipe_1730Y3-1490

I'm not too sure actually, thanks for the great link it doesn't look to dear actually, like hdi said a dealer might be the way I go.

I'll have a closer look soon I have a feeling that it's broken at the neck of the pipe. Which doubtless would be much more expensive. But does sound like a fun project =]

Similar thing happened to me chap and I was going down a motorway at the time, the chances are the whole system is rotten so I would replace it all, I just went to my local tyre/exhaust fitters, they fitted me a new standard exhaust (cat back) for £120 and a 2 year warranty,

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back